COOKIE AND BAR RECIPES FOR CHRISTMAS

Vivian Prouty
on 12/1/10 1:02 pm - Fort Worth, TX
  Hello Everyone,
As I was preparing for my OH Support Group for sunday I decided that I would share some of the recipes that I will be sharing with them with you.   Here they are and hope you enjoy them all.    Merry Christmas !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

Soft Snickerdoodles

CARB GRAMS PER SERVING: 13

1-1/2

cupssugar or sugar substitute-sugar baking blend* equivalent to 1-1/2 cups sugar

teaspoonsground cinnamon

cupbutter, softened

3/4

cupfresh or frozen egg product, thawed

teaspoonsvanilla

cupsall-purpose flour

3/4

cupwhole wheat flour

teaspoonscream of tartar

teaspoonbaking soda

1/4

teaspoonsalt

cupchopped peanuts

cupdried currants

6-ounce packagedried cranberries (1 cup)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the sugar or sugar substitute-sugar baking blend and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon; set aside.

2. In a large bowl, combine butter and the remaining sugar or sugar substitute-sugar baking blend; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add egg product and vanilla; beat until combined.

3. In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and the remaining 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Add to beaten mixture; beat until well mixed. Stir in the peanuts, currants, and cranberries.

4. Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.

5. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks; let cool. Makes about 60 cookies.

Test Kitchen Tip: If using a sugar substitute-sugar baking blend, we recommend Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking or Equal® Sugar Light. Be sure to use package directions to determine product amount equivalent to 1 1/2 cups sugar.
Nutrition Facts per cookie: 89 cal., 5 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 9 mg chol., 68 mg sodium, 10 g carbo., 1 dietary fiber, 2 protein.Exchanges: .5 Other Carbohydrates 1 FatCarb Choices: .5

Note:Nutrition facts are based on one cookie.Fat (d.e.)1

HOLIDAY COOKIES AND BARS

SUGAR FREE BROWNIES

1 t. baking powder

1 t. vanilla extract

1 small instant SF chocolate pudding ( dry )

½ c. margarine

¼ c. unsweetened cocoa pudding

2 eggs beaten

½ equal sweetener

½ c. sugar

¼ cup 2 % milk

Preheat oven 325* Prepare 8 X 8 pan by flouring and greasing.   In a small saucepan over med. Heat melt margarine and add cocoa powder.    When smooth….remove from heat and let cool.   In a large bowl…beat eggs and stir in sugars.   Combine flour, baking powder and then stir in egg mixture.   Add the dry pudding, vanilla extract, milk, and the cocoa mixture and mix well.  Spread into prepared pan and bake 25 – 30 minutes.  Do not overbake.     Yeild 16 servings

VIVIAN’S OATMEAL ALMOND LACE COOKIES

1 ½ cup rolled oats

¼ cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend

1 t. baking powder

½ cup sliced almonds ( optional )

1/3 cup unsalted butter

1 lg. egg

½ t. vanilla extract

½ t. almond extract

1 t. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350*.   Mix oats, sugar, baking powder, almonds.  Then add butter ( melted ) egg, and flavorings and cinnamon.    Drop by spoonfuls on prepared cookie sheet and flatten.   Bake till they start to brown around the edges.   Let cookies stand 2 minutes before removing from the pan.    Yeild 36 cookies.

HOLIDAY COOKIES AND BARS PART 2

SWEET AS SUGAR COOKIES

1 cup unsalted butter

1 cup Splenda Sugar blend

2 lg. eggs

1 t. vanilla extract

4 cups all purpose flour

1 t. baking powder

½ t. salt

Beat butter at med. Speed with electric mixer in medium bowl till creamy.    Gradually add Splenda sugar blend beating well.    Add eggs one at a time, mixing well and then stir in vanilla.    Combine flour, baking powder and salt.   Gradually add flour mixture to Splenda mixture beating till well blended.   Do not over mix.    Place dough on lightly floured work surface.   Divide dough in half.   Pat each half into a circle and wrap in plastic wrap.  Chill cookie dough for 1 hour till slightly firm.

Preheat oven 325*    Remove dough from refrigerator.   Work with one portion of dough at a time.  Roll each into 1/8" thickness on lightly floured surface and cut with cookie cutter.    Place on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake 8 – 10 minutes till edges are brown.  Cool.      Serves 30     150 cal.   60 cal. From fat.   Fat 7 g.   Cholesterol 30 mg  sodium 50 mg. Carbohydrate 19 g. Fiber 0 g.   Sugar 7 g. Protein 2g.

SWEET AND CRUNCHY NUTS

¾ cup pecan halves

¾ cup walnut halves

½ cup whole blanched almonds

1 egg white, lightly beaten

1/3 cup Splenda grandulated

½ t cinnamon

Preheat oven to 300*    Spray a 15 X 10 X 1 pan with non stick spray.   Combine nuts in a mixing bowl: add egg white.   Toss to coat.   Combine Splenda and cinnamon; sprinkle over nuts tossing to coat.    Spread mixture in prepared pan and bake 30 minutes or till nuts are toasted.   Stirring every 10 minutes.   Cool on wax paper and store in airtight container.

HOLIDAY  BARS AND COOKIES PART 3

SUGAR FREE CHOCOLATE NO BAKE COOKIES

Boil for one minute

½ cup butter

2 cups Splenda or 1 cup sugar and 1 cup Splenda

4 Tablespoons dry cocoa

½ cup milk

3 cups quick Oats

1/2 cup peanut butter

1 t. vanilla extract

Mix all together.   Add more Oatmeal if too thin and drop by spoonfuls on wax paper till they are set up.   Place in air tight container.

CHOC- OAT CARMEL CHEWIES

1 ¾ cup quick oats

1 ½ cup flour

1/3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend packed

½ t. baking soda

¼ t. salt

¾ cup butter or margarine, melted

1 ( 12 oz. ) package semi sweet chocolate chips

1 cup chopped nuts

½ cup caramel ice cream topping ( SF such as Smuckers )

2 T.  flour

Heat oven 350*  Spray 13 X 9 “ pan with non stick spray,     Combine oats, 1 ½ cup flour, Splenda BS, soda, salt in a large bowl.   Stir in butter and mix well.   Reserve 1 cup oat mixture, press remaining oat mixture onto the bottom of prepared baking pan.   Bake 12 – 15 minutes or till brown.   Sprinkle with choc chips and nuts.  Mix caramel topping with remaining flour in a small bowl.    Drizzle over the nuts to within  a ¼ “of edge of pan  Sprinkle reserved oat mixture.  Return to oven bake 18 – 22 minutes or till brown.   Cool in pan and refrigerate till firm.   Cut into bars.    30 bars   

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Christine D.
on 12/3/10 5:14 am - CA
Mmmm- can't wait to try them!  Thanks for taking all the guess work out of baking for the holidays! 

Most Active