Pregnancy with the band

HM76
on 11/20/10 1:38 pm
I was wondering about pregnancy after getting the band. I know they say you need to have all the fluid removed from your band if you get pregnant, why is that? What are the potential dangers of not having the fluid removed? I just discovered that I am pregnant and the thought of having all the fluid removed from my band is quite frightening to me. I do not want to regain any of the weight that I have lost.
Tom C.
on 11/21/10 2:22 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Not being a Doctor, and never have been pregnant I am not 100% sure on this – but as far as I know, it's not NECESSARY to remove all (any) fluid UNLESS needed. I think most Doctors rather not take saline out – however if for some reason the mother needs extra nutrition then saline can be taken out.

Again, I may be wrong and (as always) I suggest calling your Doctor for the truth.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Char24782
on 11/23/10 2:56 pm, edited 11/23/10 2:57 pm
Hello!
You dont have to have your fluid removed in the beginning. You only really have to if you have morning sickness and you are throwing up a lot, which can cause the band to slip. I did however have it removed in my third trimester about a month before my due date so you can eat enough to breastfeed. I also had to bacause my body was so swollen with fluid that my band got tighter and got very uncomfortable. I had all my fluid before that though and they told me what I was eating would be enough. Hope this helps.

Charlotte
Most Active