Post - OP one week

blessed_1970
on 11/16/10 8:36 pm
 I'm one week post-op!!!
I had myself all worked up for NOTHING!!!
Everything went so SMOOTH!!!
I've lost 10 pounds so far!!!
I'm sooo EXCITED about this journey!!!
I went back to work on day 6.....

Tom C.
on 11/16/10 10:06 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
CONGRATS ON EVERYTHING!!! 
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
blessed_1970
on 11/17/10 2:14 am
Thanks Tom,

Do you remember how much you lost in the first few months? I know everyone loses weight different!!! I'm just so curious!!! I cant wait to see the new me!!! Im so excited!! Im still on liquids for a while!!! Mashed potatoes are sounding good when I get to the mushy stage!!! Ive recovered really well with the surgury!!! It went way easier than expected!!!
                                                          Your Friend,
                                                               Joyce
Tom C.
on 11/17/10 5:52 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Joyce,

I DO remember the amount of weight I lost. I don't want to be evasive, but you can't go by MY numbers. I started off at much higher weight than you (435), and I am a Male - which typically lose quicker than a female.

Remember a 10 pound lost to one person could be as affected as a 40 pound lost to another. Think of it this way: If a 400-pound person loses 40 pounds; a 300-pound person loses 30 pounds, a 200-pound person loses 20 pounds, and a 100-pound person loses 10 pounds – the 400-pound person didn’t necessarily loose more weight than the others. They all lost 10% of their body weight. 

Just remember, the typical AVERAGE weight-loss is suppose to be 1 to 2 pounds a week. Anything above that is gravy .. errrr .. PROTEIN drink.

I am here if/when you need. And proud of your success.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active