AWESOME WEEK

MISS_YADIRA
on 11/14/10 3:22 pm

This was an awesome week for 2 reasons.

1. I am down 100 lbs since surgery on 21DEC09.  I am 39. I now weigh 163. The last time i was at this weight I was in middle school. I feel great! This is the healthiest that i have EVER been.

2. I ran my first 1/2 marathon on Sunday. My goal was to finish in 3:3o and i actually finished in about 2:42. It was an awsome feeling crossing that finishline today. Running was something that i always wanted to do. Never a  million years did i ever expect to actually do a 1/2 marathon-considering that when i first started excersing i practically died the 1rst time i got on the treadmill back in January. I don't think i even lasted 30 minutes that 1rst time. I am already planning my next 1/2 marathon.

I want to wish everyone the best of luck on their journey. Set a goal and GO FOR IT!!! Yadira

My starting weight back in May 2009 when i started getting reading for my surgery was 296-298 lbs. The friday before surgery my weight was 264lbs.

Tom C.
on 11/14/10 8:37 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

CONGRATS ON YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!

And this post got me STOKED!! .. Next week I am running my first 5K. I never ran in my life. Not even in High School. Not even when  I needed to “get to the bathroom quickly".

My ultimate goal is to one day run a marathon. Will that happen, I don’t know – nor do I really care. It’s the GOAL that’s most important. Hitting IT is something else, but a great motivation to keep on trying.

For me, it’s a lot like Weight Loss Surgery and ultimate goals. I would love to be 220, but I am stuck at 250. Do I really care – no, because I’m not 435. And sometimes I am happy I am not 220, because it's that 220 desire that keeps me going and keeps me focused.

Well enough about me, and back to you .. again CONGRATS and please know you have inspired someone today to continue on!!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
mom05
on 11/15/10 12:20 am
Congratulations Yadira, you are very inspiring....

One of my goals is to run a 5K and then go from there...

You look great.. again Congrats:)
AnitaMcD
on 11/17/10 6:20 am - So. Orange County, CA
  Congratulations... that is something to look forward to when one is disciplined and determined.  You look fabulous and healthy!

Anita 
                                 [Start:250; SW
:243; CW:218; GW:150]
       ~ Success is achieved and maintained by those who try and keep trying!          

Most Active