Protein Bar for 5K suggestion needed

Tom C.
on 11/13/10 9:46 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
As you may (or may not) know, on Thanksgiving morning I will be running a 5K. I am looking for a possible Protein bar to have before the race. Yes, I know I should have a protein shake - and probably will - but in case I need an "extra" boost - can you recommend any?

I know it should be: no more than 30 grams of protein (20 to 25 ideal); no more than 10 grams of carbs (5 grams ideal) and no more than 250 calories (less than 200 ideal).
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
mom05
on 11/14/10 1:56 am
Hi Tom...
Wow I didn't you were training for a 5K that is amazing...That is one of my goals when I loose this weight...

Before I go to the gym I eat an Atkins Advantage Protein Bar ( Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar) It has 18g of protein, 1g of sugar, 0g of sugar alcohols, 2g net carbs, total carbs 22g, and 240 calories.. They are pretty good and give me the energy I need for the gym...

I am going tomorrow to the Vitamin Shoppe and I'll ask and let you know....;

Congrats and Good Luck..
Janitzia

mom05
on 11/18/10 3:09 am
Sorry Tom no luck... I went to the vitamin shoppe and they have many bars that are high in protein up to 33g but carbs are really high...

Good Luck and hope you find the one your looking for..

Janitzia
Most Active