61 and still going strong!

Stephanie M.
on 11/9/10 9:54 pm, edited 11/10/10 12:53 am
Today is my 61st birthday...I remember thinking my grandmother was old when she was 10 yrs younger than I am...wow how perception of age has changed in 45 years!  I am so grateful for my band and all I have learned in the last year.  I weigh 51 lbs less than last year at this time!  I flew on an airplane without a seat belt extender, actually had about 10 inches of seat belt left over!  I walked more when we went to Maui...I ate a whole lot less and enjoyed my food so much more.   I can put on my own toe-nail polish!  I wear an 18 easily and can fit into some 16s...last year I was looking for 4x shirts at Target and 24-26 pants....they fall off now!  I am in 1x tops and xl, almost ready to leave the plus size department behind.  I can shop at Old Navy stores!  My AIc is way down from 7.5 to in the 5's....diabetes is under control.  I wear a half size smaller shoe!  I look forward to 2011 and getting to my first goal of 170 lbs and maybe even to my final goal of 150 lbs...but I went into this surgery knowing that I might only lose half of my excess weight (about 70 lbs according to the PA) and that is fine.  I have learned new eating habits and portion control, along with reading my hunger signs better.  I think that the band is doing it's job as a tool, and I am doing my job (making lifestyle changes) and together we will get me to a healthier weight and more active life.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Tom C.
on 11/10/10 12:15 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Happy Birthday !! And thanks for the wonderful GIFT you gave US - the inspiration to continue on!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Stephanie M.
on 11/10/10 12:54 am
Thanks Tom, I always enjoy your positive responses!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Pixieland
on 11/10/10 1:46 am - Davison, MI
Happy Birthday to you Stephanie!!
What a wonderful post and I am so happy to hear about all of your victories and accomplishments!

I wish you many, MANY more healthy, happy years to come!
Leslie

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

Most Active