HOLIDAY DESSERT RECIPES

Vivian Prouty
on 11/8/10 12:30 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Here are some holiday recipes that I use every year.   Thought that I would share them with you.   Enjoy,
Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

PUMPKIN MOUSSE

1 can solid pack pure pumpkin

1 small package Jello SF Vanilla Instant pudding

¼ cup 1% lowfat milk

1 t. ground cinnamon

1- 8 oz. SF cool whip

Beat pumpkin, pudding, milk, and cinnamon.   Fold in Cool Whip till thoroughly blended.   Cover and chill.   For a big group you will need to double or triple the recipe.

SUGAR FREE  TURTLE PUMPKIN PIE

¼ cup + 2 T. Sugar Free Caramel ice cream topping, divided ( found on ice cream isle in most stores. )

1 Honey Maid Graham Cracker Crust

½ cup +2 T. pecan pieces, divided

1 cup cold milk

2 – 3.4 oz. ea. Jello SF Vanilla instant pudding

1 cup canned solid pack pumpkin

1 t. ground cinnamon

½ t. ground nutmeg

2 – 8 oz. tubs SF Cool Whip, thawed and divided

Pour ¼ cup SF Caramel topping into the crust; sprinkle with pecans.   Beat milk, pudding mixes, pumpkin and spices with a wisk till well blended.    Stir in 1 tub of Cool Whip.   Spread into the crust.   Refrigerate at least 1 hour.   Top with remaining cool whip, SF caramel topping and pecans before serving.

SUGAR FREE PECAN PIE

1-9" pie crust

Oven 350*

4 eggs

1 1/3 cup splenda

1 cup Log Cabin SF Syrup

1/3 cup melted butter

1 cup chopped pecans ( can use whole but cuts better with chopped )

dash salt

Beat eggs, splenda, salt, syrup, and butter.   Pour into unbaked pie shell.   Arrange pecans on top ( won’t float to the top like reg. recipe ).    Bake 50 minutes or till knife inserted half way between center and crust comes out clean.   Cool and enjoy.

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

mom05
on 11/8/10 1:30 am
Thank you Vivian for the great receipes... I'm very excited to try them my first Thanksgiving and
X-Mas on the band...

Thanks
Janitzia

Vivian Prouty
on 11/8/10 2:42 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Congrats on your band Janitzia.    Hope you and your family enjoy the recipes.   You truly can not tell that they are sugar free.    The Pumpkin pie is sinful !!!  LOL

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Pixieland
on 11/9/10 1:43 am - Davison, MI
Thanks so much!! I am very excited to try them over the holidays.

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

LillieGracesMom
on 11/18/10 10:27 am
Thanks for sharing.  I am going to try the pecan pie one this weekend when my mother-in-law comes for a visit.  I'll let you know how it turns out!
-Heather

LillieGracesMom
on 11/20/10 7:44 am
The kids and I made the sf pecan pie today and it smelled soooo good, but didn't taste that great.  The recipe called for 4 eggs, which I thought was too many, but followed the recipe to a tee....however, the pie came out almost as "eggy" as a quiche.  I think that maybe cutting the eggs by two and perhaps adding more of the sf maple syrup would work out better.  Overall, it did not go over well with the family, so we probably won't try that one again.  However, I do like getting sf recipes on here, so please keep on posting.
Thanks,
Heather

Most Active