Need tips on making crushed medicines taste better.

dlee40
on 11/1/10 5:23 am - TX
Due to numerous health issues, I take a lot of pills. I had my surgery Thursday (10/28/10), and have been crushing my pills, but they taste HORRIBLE. Any thoughts on how to take crushed medicine so it doesn't taste so bad?

High: 269              Surgery Day: 224              Current: 198.6   Goal: 135

"Do all the good you can,By all the means you can, In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can, At all the times you can, To all the people you can, As long as ever you can." John Wesley

Tom C.
on 11/1/10 9:07 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Can you mix it with food? Have you asked to see if there is a liquid form and/or chewable?
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Hislady
on 11/1/10 2:27 pm - Vancouver, WA
I used applesauce or yogurt to mix my meds in. Not great but better than nothing!
dlee40
on 11/2/10 2:00 am - TX
Thanks for the responses. I actually talked to my surgeon's office yesterday, and the nutritionist suggested applesauce. I thought I wasn't supposed to have that during the liquid phase, but he said just for the medicines would be OK. I need to buy some. Will get when I go out for some new medications. I've also tried putting crushed medicines in liquids, and so far chocolate Atkins is the only thing half-way decent tasting.
Tom C.
on 11/2/10 5:52 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Make sure the Applesauce is SMOOTH - NATURAL/NO SUGAR ADDED !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active