3 Days post op and need some advice

cutemex_99
on 10/30/10 5:49 pm - Kaneohe, HI
Hi,
  I had my realize band surgery on the 27th of October.  I am feeling great and having a little more energy...but I am having problem with gas and air.  Everytime I swallow I know I am gulping in air and the pain from gas just hurts.  I do walk around when I can, but I need a little more help.  Any ideas???

-Merrie

Tom C.
on 10/30/10 8:49 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Since you just had the operation the pain you feel may not be "gas" pain but pain from the anesthesia. It can take several weeks before that pain goes away.

However if it IS gas "gas" it could be because of the amount of HEALTHY protein you are introducing to your body (compared to the carbs we used to eat). You may want to try using Beano (but for me that doesn't work).

Finally, .. and this may be a little gross .. so try to figure out what I am saying .. What you think may be a “GAS" may come out as a “Liquid" or “Solid" .. so BECAREFUL and BE PREPARED !! 

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
cutemex_99
on 10/31/10 5:15 am - Kaneohe, HI
Thanks Tom!
Char24782
on 11/1/10 3:49 pm
Hi!!
I know this is kinda weird but if you feel like you have to berp but cant (happens all the time when I have a good fill) it always helps me to stand up and bend over, then the berp comes out way easier. I do it all the time and its kinda weird but oh well! Lol

Charlotte
Most Active