eating alot and gaing weight!

paul S.
on 10/28/10 8:13 am - new york, NY
hi all i was banded on 11/28/08 2 yrs ago! i started gaining weight about 6 months ago ive never have been able to stick to the meal plan very well but good enough to continue loosing ...now i am always hungry and eat till i get sick dont understand what has changed .. and just like before the more i gain the more i give up ...could this be any thing besides poor willpower i lost about 95lbs and now have gained about 15lbs back im so discusted please help thankyou paul

ohbearly
on 10/28/10 11:48 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13
Paul, I was banded in July 2008. So, we are about the same stage post-op. We've also lost about the same weight. My observation is that over the past 6 months particularly that I have become very skilled in knowing my band. So skilled in fact that I can "cheat" the band. I suspect you are in a similar place. I've gained about 5 pounds and like you it scares me. I've been there many days eating until I am very uncomfortable. I've come to realize that I need to go back to band basics and respect the diet and guidelines if I want to maintain. That is pretty hard. I am putting together a winter exercise plan  to keep myself fit. I don't think there are easy answers for both of us. The real answer is that we need to treat our diet and fitness like we did at 9 months post-op.  -- Tom 

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

Tom C.
on 10/29/10 1:37 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Paul,

the other Tom gave GREAT ADVICE - Get BACK TO THE BASICS.

Quick questions: 

Have you done follow-up with your Doctor and/or Nutritionists? 

Have you seeked help with Psychiatrists/Psychologists?

Are you attending Support Meetings?

If you answered no to any of these, I would strongly suggest you do so. And if so, did you get any feedback?

Good luck, and know we're here for you.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
dvolumptious1
on 10/30/10 9:52 pm
The golden rule is never get over 5 lbs of weight gain and that'll keep you from going too far out.

Left the band and rocking with RNY.
They say I have an eating disorder but I say, I have my eating in order.         

Most Active