Needing moral support from other patients with the Realize band.

qmed2002
on 10/26/10 8:05 pm

I had my band placed on March 29 2010; I have lost over 75lbs and still have not had a fill. I am happy with the weight loss, but it has been a trip that I have done only with the support of my husband and son. I don’t really have time to find a group because of my crazy work schedule and the fact that I had my surgery done in NJ but I work out of VA. I tried finding an on-line support group but that has been very difficult because were I work certain websites are blocked ( I work for the NAVY). So these message boards are all I have to look to. I would like to find people that have had the surgery and have been successful with it. I am 7 months in, but I need more help now than in the beginning.

Tom C.
on 10/26/10 10:02 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

QMED2002: Welcome, and know you've done the best thing coming to the board. This is one (of many) places you can get support - especially from folks who have walked in your shoes. Know we're here for you.

My very quick story - Almost 3 years out, lost around 190 pounds - 2 fills - off all meds - life has never been better. I won't lie,it's not always rainbows - but this tool will help you.

Make sure you also visit the VA OH website. You may be able to find folks close to you who can help.

Also, know my Doctor does an on-line support group once a month. So if you're interested I can pass along the information to you. But remember - My Doctor's philosophy may differ from yours - so always consult YOUR Doctor.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
blessed_1970
on 10/27/10 4:24 am
YOU HAVE DONE GREAT!!! IM HAING THE SAME SURGURY DONE NOVEMBER 10,2010...IM NERVOUS AND SUPER EXCITED THE SAME TIME!!! CAN YOU GIVE ME A LIST OF VITAMINS YOU TAKE AND THE PROTEIN THATS BEST???WHY DO YOU THINK ITS HARDER NOW? IVE HEARD MORE SUCCESS THAN HORROR STORIES ON THIS PROCEDURE....ITS STILL VERY SCARY THOUGH!! I ALWAYS THINK, IF IT CAN GO WRONG, IT'LL HAPPEN TO ME!!!! CANT HELP IT!!! HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.....
                                                           JOYCE
dvolumptious1
on 10/27/10 6:09 am
You're doing great! It sounds like you're right on target! 

Left the band and rocking with RNY.
They say I have an eating disorder but I say, I have my eating in order.         

AnitaMcD
on 11/8/10 1:57 pm - So. Orange County, CA
Wow, you are doing awesome!  My surgery was 7/20/10 and I've had 3 fills already.  You are definitely doing something right and by coming here, that will help too.  I know that it's been difficult to find groups that are just for bandsters.  I have been searching too and keep finding myself just coming here.  The groups I have attended and even online have been 98% RNY or other WLS people. 

Keep up the great work!!

Anita 
                                 [Start:250; SW
:243; CW:218; GW:150]
       ~ Success is achieved and maintained by those who try and keep trying!          

Most Active