physical hunger vs. desire to eat for pleasure

futurefitnhappy
on 10/26/10 10:33 am - PA
Hi everyone,
I'm so grateful to have found this forum.  I'm still in the research phase, trying to determine which surgery is the right one for me.  I wonder if I could get some feedback about what you do when you've eaten enough to physically feel full or satisfied but desire food because you simply enjoy the flavor or texture.  Over the years I've acquired a lot of knowlege about nutrition and I know what to eat and how much to eat but I've always fallen off diets because of my problem with volume control.  There are certain foods that are just so pleasing and I can understand how a person can stretch out their "pouch" and find ways to cheat.

Thanks,
Deborah
Tom C.
on 10/26/10 10:08 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Deborah,

FOR ME this tool has taught me how to eat enough to feel full and not stuff (or over stuff). Over-stuffing may lead to "results less desirable"

FOR ME the results outweighs (no pun intended) the desire of extra volume/portions of food.

Not sure if this answered your question
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
tina71
on 10/28/10 8:49 am
i had a realise band surgery done july 26,2010 and i had/have a problem with portion control also...but  what i found to be a major help was the book called the appetitie awareness workbook by linda  craighead. it is an amazing book. i think everyone should have to read it.
Most Active