CURIOUS - SORE AND WEAK

AUDREY A.
on 10/22/10 7:08 am - McKinney, TX
Revision on 03/21/12
I had my band on Monday  10/18 and though I feel a whole lot better than I did the first 2 days I was just curious if it is normal to (1) feel sore around the incision  (2) to feel weak after I walk around ....... I also had my hiatal hernia repaired at the same time .....
The smell of food is now starting to make me hungry 

karenmag
on 10/22/10 7:42 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Audrey - I had my band on Tuesday, 10/19.  I felt pretty lousy for the first two days, but am also feeling better today.  I am also experiencing pain at the port, and when I take a deep breath, it hurts.  I too had my haital hernia repaired.  From reading a lot of posts, it seems like most everyone that's banded has the same kind of pain that we both have.  Did your surgeon prescribe pain med?  That seems to help me a little.  Hang in there!
AUDREY A.
on 10/22/10 8:03 am - McKinney, TX
Revision on 03/21/12
Thank you for replying... yes he did give me pain meds.... but I came back to work today (just one day) and then I will be off for a couple of days....so today I am on Extra Strength Tylenol....  I hope you get to feeling better soon... Please keep in touch and let me know how things are going..

Audrey
snoozing61
on 10/22/10 1:17 pm - Apache Junction, AZ
You just had surgery!!!  If tho it was "quick and easy"  it was SURGERY!!!  Give yourself time to heal.  I felt SSSsssoooo much better after 10 days, it was unreal.  I'm just barely two months out now I haven't felt this great in 20 years!!!  Best of luck to you. 

highest WT: 364#s (05/10); pre-op: 314#s(08/10); current: 292#s (11/10); Christmas goal: 279#'s; "happy" goal: 190#s; ultimate goal: 164#s 
AUDREY A.
on 10/23/10 2:03 am - McKinney, TX
Revision on 03/21/12
Thank you so much .... I feel better today than what I did yesterday.

Take care

Audrey
blessed_1970
on 10/27/10 4:36 am
On October 22, 2010 at 8:17 PM Pacific Time, snoozing61 wrote:
You just had surgery!!!  If tho it was "quick and easy"  it was SURGERY!!!  Give yourself time to heal.  I felt SSSsssoooo much better after 10 days, it was unreal.  I'm just barely two months out now I haven't felt this great in 20 years!!!  Best of luck to you. 
HOW MUCH HAVE YOU LOST SINCE YOU HAD SURGURY??? IM GETTING THE REALIZE BAND ON NOVEMBER 10....IM SUPER EXCITED!!!
snoozing61
on 10/27/10 9:35 am - Apache Junction, AZ
My weight at my first Consult with my surgeon was 364# - my highest weight.  I was scheduled for surgery on June 2, so started my 2 week Liquid Deit on May 20th.  I ended up in the hospital May 31st and had part of my Colon removed; recovered from that surgery; and re-scheduled for the Band surgery.  Started my two week Liquid Diet - AGAIN - on July 29th. On the morning of my surgery I had lost 50 pounds!!!!!  This morning I weighed in at 293, that's a total of 71 pounds.  21 pounds of that is post-op weight loss.  I am excited, and feeling great.  I have already been able to cut over 3/4 of my medications OUT!!!!  Best of luck to you 2!!!

highest WT: 364#s (05/10); pre-op: 314#s(08/10); current: 292#s (11/10); Christmas goal: 279#'s; "happy" goal: 190#s; ultimate goal: 164#s 
Tom C.
on 10/23/10 10:52 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

What you are experiencing is quite normal. And it may be a few more days (weeks) before you feel like your old (well not OLD) self!!

Know we're here if you need !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active