No weight loss

nativenewyorker64
on 12/13/10 12:35 pm - UT
Finally someone that gets it! All I can say is ditto. It really sucks. With my first band I lost 60 pounds so when I had the revision I didn't even question getting a band again. I think its the realize band that sucks. My first band was different. Maybe we should complain to realize. I got the flu 2 weeks ago and puked and nothing would come up. The pain was excrutiating. Now everytime I eat it hurts. I hope I didn't slip my band, but then again who cares it doesn't work well anyways. I guess I will go back to weigh****chers.
Good Luck!
Stephanie M.
on 12/14/10 10:16 am, edited 12/14/10 10:17 am
I have 3cc in my Realize band and feel that I am at a sweet spot...I am full on no more than a cup of food (primarily dense protein and veggies) and do not get hungry between meals.  I am losing about one pound per week and that is fine with me...I go out, socialize, drink some wine and am able to eat most foods without issue.
Everyone is different and responds to banding individually, just like any other medical treatment/surgery...not everyone benefits from every procedure equally...hang in there..
Good luck to you!
PS, have the doc check your band...it might actually be too tight and you might have unknowingly be showing maladaptive eating...sliders, soft foods, etc...they won't keep you full and they are usually higher calorie than the foods we are supposed to eat.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Most Active