I don't understand what's happening!

AnitaMcD
on 10/18/10 7:07 am - So. Orange County, CA
I had my 2nd fill on 10/4 (2 weeks ago) and prior to that I had trouble eating chicken and bread; now it seems I have no problem eating anything.  In fact, it seems I've gained at least 3 lbs.

I know I have to try and be good always, plus I know I need to step it up on my exercise but is this normal?  I know I'm not in pain or anything so I don't think the band slipped.  Is it possible that saline can leak out?  I had 5cc on my first fill 7/20, then 1cc on 10/4.  I'm not sure if I'm just being impatient or just testing myself on what I can and cannot eat, instead of not eating what I shouldn't and focusing on what I could eat.  I hope that all makes sense. 

Anita 
                                 [Start:250; SW
:243; CW:218; GW:150]
       ~ Success is achieved and maintained by those who try and keep trying!          

Tom C.
on 10/18/10 7:57 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

It is common for someone to lose their “spot" – sometimes quickly. Remember, the stomach is a muscle. As we lose weight, the stomach will shrink. Since the stomach is a ‘smaller’, we lose the restriction around it. Think of the band as a belt around your waist. If you lose enough weight, the “notch" that once was perfect for the belt is no longer doing the job, so you need to move to a lower notch.

Also, when a fill is done, sometimes the stomach get’s irritated, which causes swelling, and gives a “tighter" restriction. After a day or so, the irritation will go away, the swelling will subside, and that “spot" will be lost. You may need to go back to the Doctor for a real tiny fill.

Remember, weight WILL fluctuate. It depends on the DAY, the TIME OF DAY, and what’s going on “physically". If it’s TOM (no not me) time you can be a “little heavier" because of water retention.

While a remote possibility, it is possible the saline leaked out. But again, that would be very very very rare.

As for TESTING the band, that is a possibility too. But only you would know that.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
AnitaMcD
on 10/19/10 1:24 am - So. Orange County, CA
Thanks, Tom.  You always have words of encouragement.  I appreciate that.  I wish I was close enough to join in your get togethers.  I'm going to contact my doctor today.

Anita

Anita 

Stephanie M.
on 10/18/10 10:53 am
It seems that some Realize bands are being "re-called" for port and tubing issues....call your doctor to see if your band is on the list.
Here is the link via the Lap-Band Forum:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/LapBand/4256147/Realize-Recall/

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

AnitaMcD
on 10/19/10 1:29 am - So. Orange County, CA
Stephanie, 
I am contacting my doctor today to ask him this as well. I hope and pray that it's not the case.  Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.

Anita

Anita 

Brenda H.
on 10/18/10 12:23 pm - Dunkirk, MD
VSG on 02/13/12
I don't think the band slipped.  I have that problem now and you would know something is wrong.  You would be having problems getting food down, but just to be safe check with the doctor.  I'ved waited a month longer then I should have to find out my band slipped.
AnitaMcD
on 10/19/10 1:31 am - So. Orange County, CA
Brenda,
I don't think it slipped either and sorry to her you are experiencing that now.  Good luck to you and hopefully you will be back on track. 

Anita

Anita 

Most Active