Surgery scheduled for 11/1

mulino
on 10/18/10 4:03 am
Hi everyone,

I've been reading your posts, and find them both motivating, and some even a little scary.  I am scheduled to have my surger November 1st.  I'm excited, but want to have realistic expectations. 
Tell me what it was like for you.

Thanks,
Meredith
Tom C.
on 10/18/10 8:25 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

For me, it’s an every day struggle. I am an addict, and food is my vice. Remember they put the band around your stomach, but not your head. So while physically things have changed, mentally they could remain the same.

Every day I have fear that “the other shoe is going to drop" and I will begin my terrible old habits and gain weight. And it’s that fear that I embrace and make my friend. Because without that fear, I wouldn’t be so determined and “honest" with my choices.

However the band DOES make it a whole lot easier to say no. This TOOL is exactly what I NEEDED.  

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active