Frozen Yogurt

mom05
on 10/17/10 4:45 am
Guys.. I find myself eating non-fat sugar free frozen yogurt from those frozen yogurt places, no toppings and approx 5 oz. I've done it twice when I am out and it's time for me to eat but don't want to grab something unhealthy at a fast food... do you guys know if this is ok?

Also how often should I be weighing myself? I weigh myself twice a day in the morning and at night... I was banded Sept 22, 2010 so I'm still in the loosing stage....

Thanks for all your advice..
Janitzia

qmed2002
on 10/17/10 10:02 am

How many calories are in the frozen yogurt? If the calories are low it should be OK. But try to find better things to eat when your hungry.  Maybe take some fruit with you and eat that until you can get home or carry some tuna pouches. I always had food in the car when I first could eat solid food.

I had my band in since March of this year, I weight myself everyday. It helps me to stay focused and keeps me motivated. Just don't become upset if it goes up a few oz. Also remember that muscle weights more than fat. Keep going and stay strong. Good Luck.

Tom C.
on 10/18/10 12:00 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Janitzia,

I would strongly suggest speaking to your Doctor and/or Nutritionist about this. Even thou it says Fat-free/Sugar-Free (A) these labels could be misleading because it may indeed contain fat/sugar – but in “lower" amounts that the Government allows it to be label as such (B) even if it truly is fat/sugar free – that doesn’t mean it’s not fattening. It may have a lot of calories (and many which are empty).

FOR ME – I did not allow my to endulge in anything until I was way over a year. I felt I did not earn that right. Again, that was just me – and I am not judging.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
mom05
on 10/18/10 2:40 am, edited 10/18/10 2:40 am
Thank you both for your reply.. I am going to start carrying my tuna packets with me so when I am traveling for work I don't get something unhealthy. I have a meeting this coming Wed with the nutrionist so I will be asking her about it as well (I think she will frown) .. Again thank you for your help..

I had people telling me that the band was the easy way out and boy are they wrong it takes work, planning and commitment but I am very happy because it keeps me under control....

thanks
Janitzia

rbadar
on 10/20/10 8:17 am
REALIZE Band on 02/15/10 with
I WOULD SUGGEST NOT GETTING ONTO THE HABIT OF FROZEN YOGURT....
I WOULD GET A FROZEN YOGURT FOR LUNCH JUST ABOUT EVERY DAY...THEN I WENT TO MILK SHAKES, THEN I STOPPED WATCHING WHAT I ATE AND GAINED 3 LBS THIS MONTH...IF YOU DO EAT THE FROZEN YOGURT, JUST DO IT EVERY NOW AND THEN....

I HAD REALIZE BANS SURGERY 2/15 THIS YR...LOST 32 LBS...ITS NOT THE GREATEST, BUT IVE BEEN TESTING IT OUT ALOT BY NOT EATING APPROPRIATELY,,,,,,,,IM TOLD BY MY SURGEON THAT WHAT IM DOING IS COMPLETELY NORMAL..AND I NEED TO GET BACK ON TRACK...GOOD LUCK AND TAKE CARE.
Ill take this one day at a time!!!!!    
Most Active