help for a Friend.

allysonmccombs
on 10/15/10 4:58 am - Seattle, WA
Hello all. I am a wls patient myself but this question is for my friend. She is a year out from her realize band installation and still having trouble getting in her protein. she says that most meats get stuck..what do you all eat that seems easy and protien laden. B/C of the differences in our surgery, I can give her advice but it would be better coming from people who have actually had the realize band. I am planning to print any responses I get to give to her. Thank you so much for your help!
Hislady
on 10/16/10 6:20 am - Vancouver, WA
If she is chewing well and still has problems she may need a tiny unfill. Tell her to be sure to make her meats moist or add some type of gravy or sauce to keep it moist. Very tiny bites, the size of a pencil eraser and chew at least 20 times, make sure one bite is down before putting another in her mouth. Chicken seems to cause more problems than some other types of meats. Then there are vegetarian bandsters who eat lots of beans and grains so if nothing else works she may have to try that approach.Good luck to her.
LillieGracesMom
on 10/18/10 12:17 am
I had my surgery on 3/4/10 and I still do one protein shake a day.  I blend the skim milk and protein powder with frozen mixed berries and it is delicious, not to mention 28 grams of protein per shake.  Hope this helps!
-Heather

Most Active