Had Realize band on 10/13/10

SwedishBlonde79
on 10/15/10 11:05 pm
I am just wondering by anyone who has had it if it's normal not to be hungry at all and I am having back and pain around my ribs. I assume it's from sleeping only on my back, but the pain meds are doing NOTHING! I am down 5 pounds and happy about that, but just wondering if these things are normal???

Hislady
on 10/16/10 6:14 am - Vancouver, WA
Yep totally normal. You aren't hungry because your stomach is still swollen from the surgery, but do be sure to get your fluids in so you don't get dehydrated. The pains are most likely from the gas they use in your stomach, try some gas-x strips, a heating pad and walk as much as possible. They should lessen in a few days.
SwedishBlonde79
on 10/16/10 7:54 am
Thanks so much.

Tom C.
on 10/18/10 12:37 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
To this day if I follow the rule I don't get hungry. It's like a switch was turned off. However, if I don't follow the rules then I DO FEEL HUNGER - and that's bad.

Depending how long ago you had the operation, the pain could be caused by the gas they pumped into your system. It's just looking for an out :D
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
SwedishBlonde79
on 10/19/10 12:30 am
Thanks so much. I've lost 9 pounds and am feeling better every day!!!

blessed_1970
on 10/29/10 1:07 pm
IM HAVING THE  REALIZE BAND ON NOVEMBER 10...IM SOOO EXCITED!!! HOW LONG SHOULD I TAKE OFF WORK?? MY JOB ISNT HARD AT ALL...ITS A DESK JOB.....
Tom C.
on 10/30/10 1:16 am, edited 10/30/10 10:21 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Of course everyone heals at different rates.

MY experience, I could have gone back to work in 3 days. IMHO, If you can afford it - I suggest that everyone take at least two weeks - and here's why

(A) You need to get into the right "mind-set", especially when it comes to your "eating regiment". If you’re anything like me, in the past you never ‘ate’ when you were suppose to. You skipped meals, ate the wrong things, etc. In order to be successful, you need to follow the rules; eat at specific times; drink all day, etc.

Even in an “office" atmosphere, sometimes things are hectic, and you may start “short changing’ yourself in the beginning. Get down a good foundation, and this way when things DO become CRAZED, you’ll know that no matter how nuts it is, YOU need to take care of YOURSELF FIRST

(B) I always feared, God-forbid what happens if something goes wrong, and I am at work. In my case, NO ONE could have picked me up if I fell. And many “on site nurses" have no bariatric training and/or knowledge. The anesthesia may also cause you to be groggy and/or cause body pain for a few weeks.

So if you have vacation time coming to you, then take it. If you don’t, and want to spread it over a “long weekend" – then do that too. But if you think you’re the type of person who can go back to work after a few days, then choose that.

Only you know you ;D !!

Good luck and know we're here if/when you need.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active