What are your 'MUST HAVES' at the grocery store? Looking for new ideas.

Pixieland
on 10/11/10 9:53 pm - Davison, MI
Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping we can share what your grocery staples are that you have at home.  I am looking for some new ideas as I don't want to get in a food rut eating the same things all the time.

Aside from the normal lean meats, fruit & veggies...here are some of the things I keep around my house all the time.

1. Cottage Cheese
2. Beef Jerky
3. EAS AdVantage Low Carb Protein Shakes
4. Morningstar Soy Crumbles (great alternative to ground beef...I use in taco salads, chili, etc)
5. Egg Beaters (for some reason I can't eat eggs anymore but I can eat Egg Beaters)
6. Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges
7. WASA Crisp & Light 7 Grain Crackerbread (only 20 calories a slice...I use with my Laughing Cow.  Makes for a nice low cal mid-morning snack)
8. Zucchini (So versatile...you can do a million things with zucchini)
9. Salsa
10. Low Fat Feta Cheese (Love omelets with ham, zucchini, feta and salsa...super good!!)
11.  Canned chicken  (I have a hard time with regular chicken, but canned seems to go down OK for me...weird eh?)
12. Chili Fixin's

Thanks everyone...I'm looking forward to hearing what's in your cupboards!
Leslie :)

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

Hislady
on 10/12/10 6:55 am - Vancouver, WA
Great list the one thing I don't see is greek yogurt, I use it as a substitute for sour cream plus it has lots of protein.
Pixieland
on 10/12/10 9:14 pm - Davison, MI
I have never tried Greek yogurt but I sure will now. I didn't think about it as an alternative to sour cream...fantastic idea!
Thanks so much!

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

Most Active