Stretched? Slipped? or just not Restricted?

Lisa Y.
on 10/5/10 3:50 am
Alright everybody I need help!!!  I can eat too much! I have been stuck at about the same weight for 2 months. I have tried going heavy on the protein and cutting out carbs, and have gotten back to the gym, but no luck.  I know I am eating too much. I'm not gorging or anything but the quantity I can consume is way more than I should with the band. I'm filled to 6ccs.

I am starting to worry that I have stretched my stomach or am having slippage. Or is it that I just don't have enough restriction. Please help!!! I am panicking!!

Lisa

Tom C.
on 10/5/10 10:10 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
(1) STOP PANICKING - it does no good

(2) CALL YOUR DOCTOR - and make an appointment. In order to be successful you and your Doctor need to be partners in this. While your Doctor is a great surgeon, I bet you Doctor isn't a mind reader. They won't know if your having issues/struggling unless you tell them.

(3) Know we're here for you.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Lisa Y.
on 10/5/10 11:26 am
Thanks Tom. I should just go directly to you - you're always good for a reality check.
mariachi_loca
on 10/10/10 12:05 pm
i feel the same way.  i'm up to 9cc's and i'm 4 months post op and i have not had one episode of vomiting or pb's.  i guess i'm lucky and i know everyone goes through it differently.  i'm scheduled to see my doc next friday and he knows this already.  i have no restriction at all so i guess he's going to fill me up to 10cc's then do a barium swallow if i'm still not restricted?  i'm happy though i've lost 40 lbs so far!
Brenda H.
on 10/14/10 11:00 am - Dunkirk, MD
VSG on 02/13/12
I had the same problem around month 4 and 5, then in the middle of month 5 I dropped 8 lbs and then a couple weeks later I'm down another 10.  If your not feeling restriction then let the Dr know and they can fill you some more..just be patient and do all the right things it will work.
Most Active