does the fill leak over a few months?

rosesrbl
on 10/4/10 10:21 pm
Hi all.So,I can only go for a fill when the hubby is on vacation(the docs office is far far away).I don't feel like I need a fill.Not hungry often.I'm loosing slowly.But,tomorrow I have appt for a fill.I cant go bac****il March if i cancel.So,will it leak over a few months..or should I go at all?My appt is in 24 hours.I should mention how I feel very restricted every morning and my band is at 9 of a 11 cc band.What should I do?need to decide soon..thanks..
bufedwards
on 10/5/10 11:36 am - Hustonville, KY
Your band should never leak fluid. If it does there is a problem. A leak would indicate that they punctured your tubing or it has came loose.

However, what you are describing is normal. My PA explained to me that you will fill more restriction in the morning because your stomach is a muscle and like all muscles it takes time to "loosen up" and begin to relax. She suggested that I drink something warm in the morning to relax the muscles.

Also, I have noticed that when I am very stressed my band will tighten up and I can't eat anything. If you have 9cc's in your band, I would think you are probably tight enough, but I'm not a doc. If you feel like you have good restriction and aren't getting hungry or eating alot at a time, I would leave it the way it is.

Highest Weight:  564 /  Post Band Pre DS Weight:  508 / Surgey Date Weight:  449
Current Weight:  209 / Goal Weight:  150 (BMI of 25).

rosesrbl
on 10/6/10 7:56 am
Thank you for the advice.I didnt go today,and am glad.I am hardly ever hungry,and do not want to overfill .Im am glad to hear it wont leak out(unless a problem happens).Have you tried drinking something warm to loosen up?Im thinking of trying that some morning(I knida like the fullness early on.)I start to get hungry around 11 ish.I noticed the stress did that to me too.I had to watch my four year old grandaughter while my daughter was in the hospital.Stress city that week.I think I lost 4 pounds that week.Anyway..thanks again,
Most Active