Caffeine

Seemeslimmer
on 10/3/10 11:02 am - Bardstown, KY
What are the guidelines on caffeine?  To partake or not and why?  Thanks.  I'm new and learning my way around this.  The posts have been a huge help.
      See  
mom05
on 10/3/10 1:32 pm
I was told absolutely no... no to decaff as well it was hard at first because I was a big coffee drinker but I got used to it.. took about two good weeks... Good Luck

rich_in_nfpa
on 10/4/10 1:58 am - New Freedom, PA
Caffeine should be avoided because it can contribute to dehydration -- it's a diuretic. I was told that after a year or so I could have coffee again if I wanted it but to wait until my weight had stabilized.

HTH
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
Tom C.
on 10/4/10 10:20 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Like Rich said - for the 1st year stay away from caffeine coffee. For every 1 cup of caffeine you drink you need to drink 2 cups of water (non-caffeine) to off-set it (start from 0). So if you have trouble getting 64 ounces of non-carbonate; caffeine-free liquids in daily - you'll have real issues if you add caffeine.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
rosesrbl
on 10/4/10 10:33 pm
My doc let me have caffeine again at 3 months.But,I was told caffeine increases your appetite.I am not a coffee drinker..was a cola aholic.Havent touched it since days before my surgery.I get caffeine in Excedrin migraine medicine.So,ask your doc.They all have different guidelines.Good luck to you.
Most Active