Pureed Foods...horrrribbleee.

KrisRC
on 10/3/10 10:51 am - Lyndhurst, NJ
Anybody else going insane trying to stick to this puree diet? Not being able to chew my food is freaking me out a little bit and trying to stick to it is really hard. I think I can chew my food to the consistency it needs to be, but I'm worried to try it. Any ideas on how to get through this easier?

snoozing61
on 10/3/10 12:53 pm - Apache Junction, AZ

One rule I was told for that phase, was if it could be mushed with a fork, you could eat it.  Maybe that will give you a few more options.  The few weeks you have to stick with the different pahses or levels will pass quickly, and in no time you can give up that spoon.  Best of luck to you

KrisRC
on 10/3/10 2:14 pm - Lyndhurst, NJ
my dietician says BLENDED FOOD ONLY unless its a banana which can be smashed. Yeah it's so hard to be in the middle of the pureed phase though. So hard to deal with the texture more than anything. Thanks so much, though. I'm working on it :D

Stephanie M.
on 10/3/10 11:59 pm
I found that soups were the way to go...if your supermarket has some premium soups in the prepared food section (usually near the deli) check the labels for the highest protein in a flavor you like and puree it.  I found that Safeway had a southwestern black bean soup I liked with  a dollop of lf sour cream and a little grated parmesan and they had a nice broccoli cheddar soup that was also good pureed.  I did this for a few days and then started adding some cooked ground turkey (mashed up pretty good) to my black bean soup and tolerated that well...I started to chew a bit and it went down fine.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

KrisRC
on 10/4/10 2:47 pm - Lyndhurst, NJ
Thanks so much, I went and invested in some soups. I got broccoli cheddar and butternut squash. I'm pretty excited to try them tomorrow :DD

Most Active