FLYING!

ralphsgirl2
on 10/1/10 2:42 am
Someone told me that It wasn't  a good idea to fly after bariatriac surgery.  I have my band put in in July and I'm feeling fine, but, supposed to fly to LA next Wed.
Tom C.
on 10/1/10 6:49 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Any reason why? I flew after my band surgery and no problems.

However, the change in cabin pressure may make the band tighter - so sip carefully. That's not 100%, but it's more of a could.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Stephanie M.
on 10/3/10 2:01 am
My doc told me this...no flying within 48 hours of a fill; be aware that flying or change in altitude can affect the band's tightness for many reasons, be cautious eating and drinking in-flight and post-flight.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

ralphsgirl2
on 10/3/10 4:10 am

Thank you...................I'm flying out on WEdnesday, but, seeing my Dr on Tues night, I definitely won't have a fill done, just to be sure...........If I need one, I'll get it when I come back next week.

Kate -True Brit
on 10/3/10 9:11 pm - UK

I fly a lot! My first post-op long haul flight was at about 10 weeks. No probs at all. or ever since.

People who have surgery in another country usually fly home within a  day or so of the op.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Tammy G.
on 10/4/10 12:14 pm - Indian Trail, NC
I fly alot also .. no issues.   I was flying 2 weeks after my surgery with no problem.   I've also flown shortly after an adjustment (the next day in one case).   Never an issue.   I am careful of what I eat in flight - generally I don't eat at all unless its a long flight.   I always get a bottle of water to take with me after I go through security so I don't get dehydrated.  

Most Active