gas

red9mom
on 9/27/10 11:06 am

I just had my "Realize band"surgery on 9/24, and the gas pains are terrible. How long will they last? My surgeon said 48 hrs but it's been over that. I have tried walking nothing helps. Any suggestions I am going to explode!

Tom C.
on 9/27/10 6:49 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Depends on what gas pains ... if you mean anesthesia it could take as much as a week (sometime a little longer) - if it's "gas" gas it can be a little a few days - but may last depending on your diet.

I have an issue with gas, and have tried taking all the recommended over the counter stuff, and nothing works. It's something I live with, and know how to "deal" with it.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Jillysmom06
on 9/27/10 8:42 pm
OHHHHH  I hope it gets better soon for you but others had suggested to me to drink warm liquids like tea or warm tomatoe juice, but I also used a heating pad when I was just hanging around on my chest area and I just walked as much as I could but it took a little over a week to completely go away.  I know it is hard at this point to be patient but just try it WILL go away.
Good Luck to you
Pam
Most Active