Help! I've haven't lost any pre-surgery weight...

Cameo S.
on 9/26/10 9:28 am
Tomorrow I'll have my 5th diet doctor visit and I've only lost 3 lbs in 4 months.  Is this going to affect me getting approved through BCBS-AL. 

Tom C.
on 9/27/10 9:35 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Not sure what state you're in, but in NJ the insurance companies don't care if you do or don't lose weight PRE-surgery. They just want you to "go through the motions" - many feel so you get so frustrated you quit.

Ask your Doctor how important losing weight really is. I don't want to give you misinformation.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Cameo S.
on 9/27/10 1:05 pm
I'm in Alabama.  I'm definately getting that its just a routine that everyone has to go through; just a process.  I asked the dr today and he said that I shouldn't lose more than 13 lbs because I'd be less than a 40 BMI... BUT on the other hand, he knows that I've lost and regain hundreds of pounds and losing some now would just come right back if I didn't get the band.

BTW Tom, I think you're going to be my 'best band friend'!  If you were in AL I'd take you out to dinner... a small dinner... 
Most Active