anyone losing more inches then lbs

eprosser917
on 9/20/10 10:04 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
This post is just me ranting!!

Had my banding August 16th and lost 16 lbs with first two weeks and now its slowed down but I am losing inches, I know that I should be glad (which I am) that the inches are coming off but its just something about stepping on that scale and not seeing the numbers go down like I would like. I know this a slow process and I need to hang in there...has this happened to anyone else?

thanks for letting me rant :)

Stephanie M.
on 9/21/10 12:51 am
Yes...this is normal.  Often our body is losing fat and inches before the weight loss shows up on the scale.  Hang in there....my weight has been stable for 4 weeks, but I lost a full size in that time.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Tom C.
on 9/21/10 2:38 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
We've all been there. Don't worry, it's part of the natural process :D !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Pixieland
on 9/21/10 9:23 pm - Davison, MI
Ditto...my scale can stall for weeks but the inches keep coming off. Keep up the good work!

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

Most Active