.....chewing gum question......

Cameo S.
on 9/18/10 1:04 pm
Does anyone chew gum to help get a chewing satisfaction?  I'm a little nervous about whether eating so little will actually satisfy my need to chew as well as getting full... in other words, I'm trying to analyze my problems a head of time...
I ask this knowing that everyone is supposed to chew everything 30 or 40 times, but I was thinking about those weeks of not eating solids.  Cameo

Tom C.
on 9/18/10 9:23 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Ahhh the chewing gum debate!!!!!! A Nutritionists in on support group is dead set against it. She believes it keeps your saliva glands working, and increases your desire to eat. A Nutritionists in another says as long as it’s sugar-free she sees no issues with it. I asked my Doctor, and his view was as long as it doesn’t trigger bad habits, go for it.

So like anything else, there is no clear-cut definite answer. My advice, SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR/NUTRITIONSITS FOR THEIR VIEWS

In case you wonders, I occasionally chew SUGAR-FREE gum.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Stephanie M.
on 9/19/10 1:33 am
My doctor said no gum because you might swallow it and depending on the size of your stoma, it could pass or get stuck...they have had to do an endoscopy to get the gum off of a patient's stoma so they could eat and drink.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Evamarie35
on 9/25/10 5:29 am
 I used to have a bad habit of snacking in my car on the way home from work.....I drive just over an hour.  Gum for me has helped curb a bad habit and helps me feel satisfied!

Most Active