Wow, 3 1/2 weeks post-op!

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/10 12:20 pm - Hatboro, PA

Well I stopped by my surgeons office today to get weighed, and it turns out that I've lost 6 lbs in the past week!  That's a total of 21 pounds down in the 3 1/2 weeks since I've had my surgery, so I'm extremely pleased with that!

I've been trying to work really hard, and I've now increased my distance that I walk each night to 2 1/4 miles..  It takes me 40 minutes to do it, so I'm not going to break any land speed records or anything like that.   But I'm just amazed how a month ago I wasn't walking at all, and now I'm doing more then 2 miles each night. 

I've progressed to eating soft foods about a week ago.  So I've just been eating chicken, chicken salad, tuna fish, etc..  Luckily I haven't really felt all that hungry at all, so hopefully it stays that way.  I'm going back to see my surgeon in a little less then 2 weeks for my first fill.

Sorry, this post really isn't anything but me patting myself on the back..  Anyways, I hope that everyone has a great weekend! 

David

heather1980
on 9/17/10 12:30 pm
wow...thats awesome!! you deserve to pat yourself on the back. you should be proud of yourself. keep up the great job..i'm just starting with my journey..any tips on insurance approvals or anything id greatly appreciate it..
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/10 8:36 am - Hatboro, PA
Sorry, I wish that I could help..  Unfotunately all of the insurance stuff was handled by my surgeons office, and I was approved at the first try..  I'm sure that there are plenty of people on this site that will be able to help you out.
heather1980
on 9/21/10 8:47 pm
ok. thanks..and congrats on the great job
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/10 3:20 pm - Savannah, TN
  Great job David!  My surgery was 2 days after yours.  Due to a handicap I can't walk very fast.  I walk a treadmill at the gym on the slowest setting.  Feels like it will take me forever to get there!  But I know in time I'll get to increase the speed just a little.  My NUT told me to just keep increasing the time, not to worry about the distance or speed right now. 

Just keep on....it's working!

You might want to visit the LAP Band message board.  I have the Realize Band, but more folks (with both bands) post on the other forum.  You'll see a ton of ideas, great recipes, & inspiration out the wazoo.  A wonderful group of folks...and lots more feedback.

Best of luck to you on your journey!

Laura
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/10 3:58 pm - Hatboro, PA
Thank you.  And thanks for that tip.  I never went and checked out the Lap Band forum, cause I thought maybe they wouldn't like "outsiders" with a different band.  LOL

And best of luck to you as well! 
Tom C.
on 9/18/10 4:20 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
CONGRATS TO YOU !!! You're doing great !! Keep it up (or off) !! You're an inspiration to us all !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/10 8:40 am - Hatboro, PA
I'm hardly an inspiration..  But you on the other hand definitely are inspiring.  You've had such amazing success!  Hope you're having a nice weekend sir.
Jillysmom06
on 9/18/10 4:34 am
 Great job David!!!!
You should be very proud of yourself.  Isn't it a nice feeling to have it come off????
There is also nothing wrong with sharing your success with all of us and giving yourself a pat on the back   We all want to know how everyone is doing.  That is what we are here for.
Keep it going
Pam
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/10 8:38 am - Hatboro, PA
Thanks Pam.  I am very proud of myself, but I didn't wanna seem full of myself or something. 

I originally joined this site about 3 years ago when I first looked into surgery, but then didn't have it.  But I'm so glad that I decided to visit here again, because this site has been soooo helpful. 

I hope that you're enjoying your weekend,
David
Most Active