Getting whole grains

jjenls
on 9/16/10 2:20 pm
 Does anybody have any advice on how to get whole grains in your diet since breads and rice tend to get stuck easily?
Tom C.
on 9/16/10 6:58 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
I eat Oatmeal every day. I also occasionally have toast - BURNT (well one shade lighter then burnt). I can't see why you couldn't have cereals, especially from a "health food" store. Just check the labels.

ADVICE WARNING: TALK TO THE DOCTOR/NUTRITIONISTS BEFORE INCREASING /CHANGE YOUR INTAKE

I just checked my "BIBLE" and this is what my Doctor/Nutritionists wrote concerning Whole Grains:

Provide the body with Vitamins and minerals and are a great source of fiber. ** Must be consumed in very small amounts, and always after eating adequate protein for that meal **

Best Choices

100% whole grain breads
Whole grain unsweetened cereals (oatmeal, Fiber One, bran flakes, Kashi)
Whole Wheat pasta
Brown Rice
Barley
Bulgur

AVOID

Refined carbohydrates with low nutritional value (white: bread, rice, pasta)
Refined, high-sugar cereals

ADVICE WARNING: TALK TO THE DOCTOR/NUTRITIONISTS BEFORE INCREASING /CHANGE YOUR INTAKE
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active