NSV

LillieGracesMom
on 9/15/10 8:19 am
Went for a bike ride today on a real bike, not a stationary bike. My goal was to ride around the park for 5 miles. I was feeling pretty good after 5 so I kept on going and ended up riding 11 miles in 1 hour 5 minutes. I'm sure that's a record somewhere, right? Anyway, my legs are like jell-o now, but I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. I couldn't have done that this same time last year.
Thanks for letting me share,
Heather

Jillysmom06
on 9/15/10 9:16 am
That is wonderful Heather , you are very ambitious aren't you???? Well now you know that you can do it.  That is my next step too.  I have to get a new bike now that the rest of my family has one.  I love to ride bikes.  But like you said, you sometimes don't feel it until you get off of it or the next day even.
 That feeling only gets better, just like any other form of exercise!!
Keep it going
Pam
rich_in_nfpa
on 9/15/10 10:20 am - New Freedom, PA
That is AWESOME! Congratulations!

I just bought a recumbent bike using the points from my credit card and have a goal of using it for an hour every day. Right now I'm only able to go 20-30 minutes at a time. Keep up the good work!
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
Tom C.
on 9/15/10 9:23 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Heather,

Thanks for sharing your SUCCESS!! WOW ! that's all I can say !! Soooooo proud of you .. you .. you .. you .. LOSER !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active