Accountability

Stephanie M.
on 9/13/10 3:02 am
This morning it occurred to me that I have not lost any weight since the 30th of August.  My first impulse was to post something on the forum regarding a stall, frustrated, etc, but then I got to thinking about it HONESTLY.  I have not logged my food since the middle of July!  I looked back and I remember thinking that this is so easy, I don't have to log every bite!  WRONG!  I lost consistently (even without a fill) 1-1.5 lbs per week while logging.  Since I stopped logging I have lost a total of 6 lbs in 6 weeks, but nothing for the last two weeks.  I don't think I am eating as much as I am burning, but how do I know???  This could be the 20% stall, but without documentation of my intake, I cannot really tell.    My highest weight was 290 about 2 years ago.  20% of 290 is 58 and I am down 51 lbs from that weight so it is close enough to be called that, but most likely it is what I am eating, rather than how much.
I have been eating more carbs...
There have been numerous social events, so I have been drinking a bit of wine...
And I have had some dessert...
here and there...
So now I recommit to journalling my food intake so I can assess why I am stalled and what to do to change it WITH SOME CERTAINTY....
I have lost an inch or so since the stall started, so it isn't really a stall, but a great opportunity to refocus my efforts towards meeting my goal of 1.5 lbs per week on average.
I do have restriction and I need to do a better job of utilizing it to my advantage.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Cameo S.
on 9/14/10 12:52 pm
Thanks for the tip!!!

LillieGracesMom
on 9/15/10 11:23 am
You are an inspiration!  Keep up the good work and let us know how it goes once you get back to writing everything down. 
Best of luck,
Heather

tanyadw
on 9/18/10 2:52 am
Ok, so why are you stepping on my toes right now.  I'm frustrated with this band thing... And yes, as you point out it's my fault (thanks alot!)  I haven't been eating right nor have I been documenting the food that goes into my mouth.  So, like you I am recommitting myself to use the tool.  Although I don't have any restriction right now, that is no excuse for eating the wrong foods.  I might eat more of the right foods without restriction but hoagies are not on the plan!!!

Stephanie M.
on 9/18/10 3:51 am
Good for you Tanya....that is why the forums are here, to share and hopefully keep us from getting too complacent and not utilizing our chosen tool.  The side note that I have been meaning to post since the day after I wrote this is that though I haven't lost pounds, I have lost a full size, so it isn't about just the weight.
Perhaps it is time for a fill or a talk with your nutritionist to help you to get back on track...
Congratulations on your recommittal and I will look for you to post your success!!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Most Active