A one month review

Tom C.
on 9/11/10 11:02 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

As some of you know I have a long term goal for doing a marathon. Will I ever do it? Who knows ?!!? It’s not that important, but what is important is to HAVE A GOAL.

So today I got up and ran 1.5 miles (on a track) in 19.28.28. Little disappointed that my time "dropped" - but then I just checked and figured out it's been only 1 month and 1 day since I got my (_____o_____) off the couch and began to do SOMETHING.

I realized I can't be too worried about the time - it's the distance I need to remember. From couch to 1.5 miles in 1 month - NOT SHABBY .... FOR ME!!

I am not posting this as a self-congratulatory post, but a realization post. I stop and reflected, this new process reminds me of the weight loss journey.

Many of us have a goal of losing XX pounds. Some of us may never hit that number, but that’s not important. HAVING THE GOAL IS!! And maybe never hitting that goal is a GOOD thing – because we will always try to hit it, and, in the meantime, it will keep us focused!!

Next comparison: we get frustrated/disappointed when our progress is slower than we feel it should be. We need to stop; reflect and realize where we came from, and where we are now.

And when we look back, we need to celebrate the 1 pound/step improvement than when we first began .. this is definitely PROGRESS!!

So for all of you who are a little disappointed about your current progress – stop and realize where you were BEFORE and where you are TODAY and be PROUD of the PROGRESS you have accomplished!!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
LillieGracesMom
on 9/12/10 4:51 am
Thanks for the reminder.  I've been down the past couple of weeks because I haven't dropped a pound even though I am exercising like crazy.  Sure, I've lost 96 pounds in 6 months which is an amazing thing, but I can only seem to focus on the fact that I can't seem to get to 100 pounds lost.  So, I'm taking your advice and changing my focus on all that I have accomplished thus far.  I can walk 6 miles a day with no problem.  I recently began jogging and am now able to jog a solid 1.1 miles where as when I started I could only job 1/4 mile.  I am wearing clothing 5 sizes smaller than I was wearing 6 months ago and yesterday I rode a bicycle for the first time in three years.  I am proud of my accomplishments and can't wait to see what else I can accomplish in the future.
Best of luck to you, Tom, and congratulations on getting off the couch.
A fellow LOSER,
Heather

Most Active