Cooler Weather...Tighter Band???

Pixieland
on 9/9/10 9:30 pm - Davison, MI
Hi Everyone,

I'm here in Michigan and over the last week the temps have dropped about 15-20 degrees. 
Over the last couple of days I've noticed that my band seems much tighter.  I have to take even more care than normal when eating to avoid discomfort.

Nothing else has changed lately except the temps. 

Can it really be the weather?  Anyone else notice this? 

Thanks,
Leslie

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

hart1222
on 10/5/10 6:29 am

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks the weather effects our bands.  I have been saying this ever since I had surgery and people think I'm crazy.  The weather effects many others things so what makes this any different.  I feel the same way about mine when it gets cold here my band seems to be tighter. WEIRD!!

Tom C.
on 10/5/10 10:13 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Weather can certainly affect the band tightness. Also, with the cooler weather coming in, you may be unknowingly reducing your liquid in take. Not hitting those numbers can also affect band tightness. Make sure you are drinking enough.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Pixieland
on 10/6/10 2:41 am - Davison, MI
You make a very good point about liquid intake Tom. I was just thinking the other day that I have not been getting enough to drink lately. I'm making a point to be more aware of it and get in everything I should.
The cold weather thing makes no sense to me because our bodies maintain a certain temp. Is it breathing in the cooler air that tightens it?

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

Tom C.
on 10/6/10 10:45 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

In My NON-MEDICAL opinion .. while it may be true out internal tempature stays the same - the weather can affect the way the body works.

Think about how some people have issues when it rains. Of course their tempature doesn't change - but the changes in the barometer we call a body can affect things. It is possible that when it's cold we tend not to drink enough - which may affect the band.

Since I am not a Doctor, nor do I play one on TV, maybe you should speak to your Doctor to see what they say.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active