Stuck and looking for help!

corcorac
on 9/9/10 6:11 am
I had my surgery on July 30th, had 4cc fill 2 weeks ago and I'm down 17 pounds, but haven't budged since 7 days ago. I'm walking 4xs a week, running after the kids, working full time, drinking gallons of water and eating maybe 1,000 calories a day. I know I should probably increase my exercise routine, but I'm wondering if I'm not eating enough. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants!!!

Anyone have any suggestions to get over this plateau??????

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Tom C.
on 9/9/10 7:11 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Corcorac,

You mentioned CALORIES but you didn't mention PROTEIN!! Are you getting your 60 to 80 grams in per-day?

Plus remember, this isn't a race. Some weeks nothing will happen and then BANG 5 pounds another week.

Give it some time and see what happens.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
corcorac
on 9/9/10 12:09 pm
Thanks for the reply Tom! (BTW...I purposely didn't say ONLY lost 17 lbs because of you!)
I've been doing some thinking about my meals and what I've been eating. I think you're right. I'm eating, but I definately haven't been drinking my protein shakes like I should. I'm going to start back on the "protein road" tomorrow and will let you know how I make out.

Thanks again for your help!

Tom C.
on 9/10/10 8:43 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
>> (BTW...I purposely didn't say ONLY lost 17 lbs because of you!) <<

LOL  !!! GLAD TO SEE IT'S CATCHING ON !!!THANKS and GOOD LUCK !!!

Let me know what happens with the protein.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
rich_in_nfpa
on 9/13/10 10:05 am - New Freedom, PA
I've been on vacation so I haven't had a chance to read or reply to any posts here. You asked if you might not be eating enough. I can tell you that that has happened to me several times. How closely are you tracking what you eat? If you have a good handle on things try increasing your intake by 200-300 calories per day. That's only 1400-2100 calories per week which, if that's excessive, is less than it would take to gain a pound of weight (a pound = 3500 calories). I found that when I would hit a plateau for several weeks, if I increased my calories slightly I would start to lose again. If you do start to gain, you can always cut back to your current level and try something else.
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
Most Active