Is it normal to feel your band????

Jillysmom06
on 9/8/10 3:01 am

I am thinking that since I have lost most of my weight in my belly and it is somewhat flat now (YEAH) I can really feel (I think it is the band).  It feels extremely weird.
Can anyone else feel theirs or is it just me?  My husband thinks that I should call the Doc just to make sure it didn't slip off.  I don't think it has because I feel fantastic all the time.. I would think I would feel different like something is up.  Maybe not..
Please let me know what you all think.
Pam

Tom C.
on 9/8/10 4:36 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
What you may be feeling is the port - or possibility the "tubing" - but the actual band - I am unsure you can do that. Then again, I have been wrong in the past.

Let me know what the Doctor says. I am interested in knowing what it is.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Jillysmom06
on 9/8/10 8:43 am
I was thinking the same thing about not feeling the band but it seems like a good size.
It very well could be the port but If I can remember I think it was lower when he did my fill lying down.  Well we will see I have an appt on the 23rd, so I will check with him.
Thank you Tom
Pam
soontobesexi_lexi
on 9/11/10 7:24 am
Hi Pam,
My surgery was only 3 weeks ago and I started feeling something near my port incision.  It feels like someone popping me with a rubber band in my stomach....not real painful, but definitely noticeable.  I asked my doctor and she said that it was the port and alot of people can feel it and that I will most likely feel it forever. 
Hope that helps
Jillysmom06
on 9/11/10 8:34 am
Oh, thanks so much.  That's what Tom was saying too.  It probably is the port, but I just can't stand the feeling.  But now that I have a fairly flat stomach I feel it more and if something hits it ( Like my waist on my pants )or I lean against it, it feels strange.  I have an appt on the 23rd so I will bring it to my docs attention.
Thanks again for your response
Pam
Most Active