Post Surgery Vitamins/Supplements? Bariatric Advantage?

laurafranks82
on 9/6/10 11:34 am - Denver, CO
Hi Guys. When I went to my surgeons "seminar" they were really pushing the Bariatric Advantage vitamins and supplements for post-op.  I understand the importance of taking vitamins and supplements post surgery, but what do you guys know about Bariatric Advantage products? Anyone use them? Use another brand? They're not cheap, so I would love to hear your input.  
Stephanie M.
on 9/6/10 12:26 pm
BA's mode of doing business is to get you to sign up for auto-replenishment of their products and it is very difficult to get them to discontinue...there was a thread on here recently (on the lap-band forum) that addressed that very issue.  LOTS of negative responses.
Try to stay away from their web-site...go to the lap band forum on here and ask around.  I am still going through my original "recommended" shipment and one auto replenishment shipment over 3 months post-op.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

rich_in_nfpa
on 9/6/10 2:49 pm - New Freedom, PA
My nutritionist told me that any complete multi-vitamin would be fine as long as it had all the B-vitamins. Personally, I use Centrum Silver Chewables and get them auto-shipped from Amazon.com. I also get Wellesse Calcium Citrate and Vitamin D liquid (tasty & doesn't need refrigeration) auto-shipped from Amazon.com.

Because the only change to our digestive system is the band around our stomach, we do not have the same absorption issues as folks who get a gastric bypass. My nutritionist said the vitamins are mainly a safety net -- we should still get most of what we need from the food that we eat.

HTH
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
MARIA F.
on 9/7/10 3:21 am - Athens, GA
Excellent product! I highly recommend them.
Most Active