I just realized.....

rich_in_nfpa
on 9/5/10 8:49 am - New Freedom, PA
.....that I'm almost 2/3 of the way to my weight loss goal! Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

I had been on a 2-week carb binge and had gained almost 5 pounds during that period. Fortunately, it turned out not to be permanent. I've really stuck to "da rules" this week and have lost all of that plus a little bit more. Amazing what happens when I don't self-destruct.

I'll be going on vacation starting Tuesday and have already decided to stick as close as I can to my eating plan. It might be difficult since I'll have to eat every meal at a restaurant (I plan to avoid fast food joints) but, I'll do the best I can without obsessing. If I gain a little, I gain a little -- I'll just get back on track when I return and I know it will come off just like the other weight has.

I might even be brave enough to do some swimming and sunbathing. I've go every year but have never even considered taking swim trunks before -- I didn't want to scare the horses!
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
AnitaMcD
on 9/5/10 10:03 am - So. Orange County, CA
   Great job on being 2/3 to your goal already!  That didn't take long for you.  I agree with you -- enjoy your vacation; don't go overboard, but don't be so strict since you don't do this on a regular basis.  When you return home, you know the routine and you will be fine.  You already have a mindset so there you go!

Where are you going??  Somewhere hot since you're going to go swimming - which is great exercise too!   Anyway - have a safe and fun trip.  Don't beat yourself up if you gain a few (which is already anticipated).

Anita 
                                 [Start:250; SW
:243; CW:218; GW:150]
       ~ Success is achieved and maintained by those who try and keep trying!          

rich_in_nfpa
on 9/5/10 12:47 pm, edited 9/5/10 12:49 pm - New Freedom, PA
I'm going to Ocean City, MD. There is a conference there starting the day after Labor Day that a friend and I attend every year. If I do decide to go on the beach I'll have to buy a beach towel when I get there -- I don't even own one! We also usually go up to Rehoboth Beach, DE to hit the outlets. I think I may be more concerned about going overboard there than I am about overeating!
Tom C.
on 9/6/10 1:06 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Rich,

Congrats on your progress so far. And bigger CONGRATS on "getting back on track". My number one suggestion to those who have stumbled is, get up - dust yourself off - and get back on track. It's great to see that while we may lose a battle or two, we haven't lost the war.

Keep going my friend, and enjoy your vacation!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
rich_in_nfpa
on 9/6/10 2:30 am - New Freedom, PA
Thanks Tom. As I was told when I was trying to kick cigarettes, the whole trick is to quit one more time than you start. Same thing here -- get up one more time than we trip.

laurafranks82
on 9/6/10 11:37 am - Denver, CO
Wow!!!  What an inspiration!!!  Way to go!!! 
dvolumptious1
on 9/11/10 12:58 am
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Left the band and rocking with RNY.
They say I have an eating disorder but I say, I have my eating in order.         

Most Active