NSV

dvolumptious1
on 9/3/10 11:30 pm
I am sooo excited!!! It just occurred to me that since I wear a size 12 now; I can fit really comfortably in the small bathroom stalls whereas before it was like trying to pack a whale into a can of sardines. I'm just loving being smalll. I can't wait to get even smaller despite folks that tell me to stop where I'm at now.

Left the band and rocking with RNY.
They say I have an eating disorder but I say, I have my eating in order.         

rich_in_nfpa
on 9/4/10 2:00 am, edited 9/4/10 2:01 am - New Freedom, PA
I just had basically the same experience. I had always used the handicap stalls both because I didn't feel stuffed in there and they have safety rails which helped me get up off the throne. Now, 70+ pounds lighter, I comfortably fit in a regular stall and can stand up without the handrails.

Ain't it swell getting well?
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
dvolumptious1
on 9/4/10 3:14 am
It really is and its funny because you may have done something a few tiimes and then you go, "wait a minute", I wasn't able to do this before. Oh my God.... I can get on a crowded elevator and not try to add up the weight capacity in my head. I can sit comfortably in a chair with arms. The heels on my shoes don't wear out like they used to. I can wear a pair of high heels and not grind them down by beating them into the pavement. I don't sweat just from shopping anymore.... Life is really good and its only going to get better for us!
Tom C.
on 9/5/10 6:05 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
I always love reading these post more than the "I lost XX" - only because it's these little things that "naturally" thin people don't understand - but for MANY OF US it means the world !!

CONGRATS !! And may I say that you're SUCH A LOSER !! Keep it up .. and off
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
dvolumptious1
on 9/6/10 9:48 pm
You are sooo right. Its a struggle to keep it upl...and off as you say. I've gained back 8 lbs so I'm gonna have to go hard from here on out. I see the doctor 2 days after my surgiversary next month and I want to be 100 lbs down since surgery but if that doesn't happen I'm still proud of all I will have accomplished so far! Since vacationing this summer, I got a bit relaxed with my strict eating habits but its back I'm getting  back on track now. I have no choice. I've come too far to turn back now.
Most Active