Things that are worrying me about surgery...

StaceWC2008
on 9/3/10 10:07 am
 Hey everyone! I know this might sound strange, but I've never been skinny. I'm scared that I'll change from who I am. I'm excited to lose weight and be active, and healthy. But, I don't want to lose the "me." I guess I've always associated myself as being overweight, so to think of myself otherwise, freaks me out a little. Has anyone else felt this way? Any advice???

Tom C.
on 9/5/10 6:03 am, edited 10/4/10 10:16 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Stace,

You will change parts of you, but regain many parts of you. The parts that was ashamed, shy, recluse will be gone. The self assured, out going, party animal will return (well it did for me).

Good luck - and remember we'll be here for you. To help - and to keep you the same of Stace you are (if that's what you want)
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
KrisRC
on 10/3/10 10:56 am - Lyndhurst, NJ
I was worried about this, too. I'm only 19 so I don't really know anything but being overweight. I feel like getting skinny will turn me into somebody I'm not. Like everything I know is going to change. However, I'm down 23 pounds now and it feels like people are starting to notice, but nothing's really changed. The only thing that's changed is how willing I am to put new pictures up on Facebook. I'm alright with taking pictures now, because I know it's only getting better. Let me know if you've figured this out yet as it's something I still struggle with.

StaceWC2008
on 10/5/10 6:47 am
I'm still struggling with this idea. I'm afraid like you, afraid of somehow changing. I do know that my confidence has sky rocketed since losing 20lbs, so I'm hoping I change for the better. Good luck in your journey! I just wish I could get the surgery now and get it over with, not wait 6 months, but I'll manage
Most Active