General Questions....

Rn1Day
on 9/3/10 6:20 am - Hamilton, OH
I am having my surgery on 9/21 and I cant wait and I guess Im just curious what it will be like after its placed.  I see many people have done well with losing weight and I love the gym it has never been my issue the food side of it has been.  I guess Im wondering is there anything at the gym I wont be able to do?  Crunches??? Spinning??
rich_in_nfpa
on 9/4/10 1:51 am - New Freedom, PA
Once you've healed and been released by your surgeon to resume exercising I'm not aware of any restrictions on particular exercises. Some people have soreness in the area of the port longer than others but that almost always disappears with time. Even with some lingering soreness I was able to use the ab crunch machine without problem.

Best of luck on your journey!

Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
Tom C.
on 9/5/10 6:01 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Just plan on giving yourself a few weeks of recovery (3 - 4 weeks) - after that you can do ALMOST anything .. the reason I say ALMOST is because you want to refrain for overeating

Good luck and know we're here for you !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active