Major Plateau - Help!

Lisa Y.
on 9/1/10 11:38 pm
Hi Everyone,

I need help...I'm doing all the things I am supposed to be doing and I have hit a major plateau. I have only lost 2 lbs over the past month and a half. I will admit that I have had a couple indulgent meals during that time, but nothing totally outrageous.

I am planning to get a fill in 2 weeks, but in the meantime if any of you have tips on jump starting my weight loss again I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Lisa

Tom C.
on 9/2/10 10:06 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Stalls are natural part of weight loss. It seems the body “catches on" to what we have been doing, and holds onto everything. After a while, the lost restarts and things go well.

You stated you have a few indulgent meals, so this may be the cause. However since you didn’t GAIN – then you’re a head of the game.

Get back to the basics, and you’ll begin to lose again.

Now a pet peeve .. DROP THE WORD ONLY !! I get very upset to read, or hear, “I’ve lost only X pounds". Why use the word ONLY !?!?!?! Be proud of those pounds you lost!!! This is a major accomplishment!!

How many times were you NOT able to lose that amount of weight???? Or when you did, you gained it back?? If you lost weight, and haven’t gained it back, then aren’t you really winning?!?!?

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Lisa Y.
on 9/3/10 12:29 am
Thanks Tom. You always give a good reality check. :)
Vivian Prouty
on 9/2/10 10:30 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Here is the Plateau Busters diet.   You can give it a try and hopefully it will help you get off that plateau sooner.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

Plateau Buster Diet

How to break a plateau

#1 - Do this for 10 days to break a plateau

#2 - Drink 2 quarts of water a day

#3 - You must have 50 grams of protein supplement and all your vitamins/minerals supplements each day

#4 - You may consume up to 3 oz of the following high protein foods, 5x a day

beef

pork

chicken

turkey

lamb

fish

eggs

low fat cheese

cottage cheese

plain yogurt or artificially sweetened

peanut butter ( the original doesn’t say….but I would limit this to once a day….also I would do one serving size and NOT 3 oz.)

beans/legumes

You may also have:

sugar free popsicles

tea or coffee

sugar free jello

broths/boullion

crystal light drinks

#5 - If it's not on the list, you can't have it for 10 days!!!!

#6 - Keep a food diary and try to get up to 30 mins of exercise daily

In addition to the Plateau Buster, you can change up your exercise plan as well.  Such as if you are walking, change up things and do other exercises every other day so that you are not doing the same things on a daily basis.  You can also add weights.   Good luck !!!

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

mamafox21
on 9/5/10 2:46 pm
Hi Vivian,
I am 8 months out from surgery and I have gained 10 of the 30 lbs that I lost the first 3 months post-op.  I had trouble with vomiting in April and had all saline taken out except for 3.8cc.  I am now back up to 5.2cc and not losing.  I confess I am a sweetaholic.  I have lots of other excuses  as well.  I just read the article in the new issue of OH magazine on food addicts and I DEFINITELY fall into the category.  I am going to try your plateau breaker starting tomorrow.  Is the 50gms additional protein from shakes?  I need help.

Thanks for the info,
Janice
Most Active