Can too much protein be bad?

Amy McCain
on 9/1/10 2:37 pm - Redwood City, CA
I am trying to get back on track and have been working out daily now. My diet has been consisting of breakfast a protein shake which has 34g protein, lunch protein shake 33g, dinner 15g and after gym shake 34g. 116g in one day is that okay?
Lisa Y.
on 9/1/10 11:38 pm
As long as you aren't constipated you should be good to go. :)

Lisa

Stephanie M.
on 9/1/10 11:56 pm
If you don't mind my nosiness, why are you having 3 shakes a day??  My nutritionist and doc both said no liquid meals (except post-fill or stuck) after I started regular foods 2 weeks post-op, because they don't stay in our pouch long enough to keep us full....just wondering??  I think your protein intake is good and not excessive.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Amy McCain
on 9/2/10 2:15 am - Redwood City, CA
Thank you for the responses. I have been at a stall for 3 months. So a few of my friends said to try going back to liquids. I have been working out and eating reg. food. was having issues getting protein in. So I was thinking it was my protein intake?
Tom C.
on 9/2/10 9:56 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Every Doctor/Nutritionists is different - and have their own philosophy - so I would strongly suggest speaking to them.

For me that would be way too much. We're told to keep it between 60 and 80 grams per day.

My Nutritionists said to Calculate Your Protein Needs:

1. Take your weight (in pounds) divided by 2.2 = to get your KILO

2. Take your weight in kg x 0.8 (to 1.0) = protein gm.

If you’re exercising, then you can increase a bit.

Again, everyone is different - so speak to the experts.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active