1st Postop Visit

(deactivated member)
on 9/1/10 11:38 am - Hatboro, PA
I went and saw one of my surgeons assistants today for my 1 week post-op followup appointment.  All 5 of the incisions are healing nicely, and I was able to get rid of the last few straggling steristrips that were still holding on for dear life..  And they're happy with how I am progressing so far.. 

But the best part of all is that I weighed myself today.  I had weighed myself the day before surgery (last Monday), so between then and now I've lost 12 lbs!  Combined that with my presurgery weight loss, and I've lost 26 lbs all together!  YAY!  Obviously the liquid diet gets all the credit for the weight loss, but I'm just glad to be off to a good start. 

I go back in 5 weeks for my first fill with the surgeon, and they tell me that they normally start off with 3 cc's and work up from there. 
rich_in_nfpa
on 9/1/10 1:13 pm - New Freedom, PA
Outstanding!

Glad it's going so well for you. The first weight loss is always exciting -- just don't expect that rate to continue. Slow and steady still wins the race.

Welcome to the Loser's Bench!

Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
(deactivated member)
on 9/1/10 1:53 pm, edited 9/1/10 1:53 pm - Hatboro, PA
Thanks..  I know that this rate won't continue, but I'm just glad that it's helping me to get off to a good start.  The surgeons office has told me and I've read various places that I should only expect to lose about 1-2 lbs per week. 
Jillysmom06
on 9/1/10 8:46 pm
  Congrats to you. You are doing great!!!!!  It is so exciting to see the weight loss isn't it.
I know myself as long as I follow the guidelines, drink lots of water, and exercise I have been losing 2-3 pounds a week.  I know that it may slow down but right now it is so exciting.....
keep on cruzin you will be fine

Best of luck to you
Pam
(deactivated member)
on 9/2/10 11:30 am - Hatboro, PA
Thanks Pam..  It is exciting.  I've been in such a great mood since I got home the day after surgery. 

And congrats to you, losing 2 or 3 lbs a week is pretty darn good!  Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey towards your goal!
Jillysmom06
on 9/2/10 8:37 pm
Thank You very much David.

Best of luck to you also
HAVE A GREAT DAY
Pam
Cinder1215
on 9/2/10 2:08 am
Congratulations David! 
       Welcome to the losers bench! It will continue to progress from here! It's an exciting time !

Cindy

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/10 11:31 am - Hatboro, PA
Thank you Cindy! 
Tom C.
on 9/2/10 9:42 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
GREAT JOB DAVID !! Doesn't it feel good to be a LOSER ?!?!?!?!

Congrats !! Keep it up .. and off
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
(deactivated member)
on 9/2/10 10:40 pm - Hatboro, PA
Thank you sir...  LOL.  It does feel good to be a loser. 
Most Active