Stupid Question...

NaughtyZute
on 9/1/10 1:38 am - Climax, MI
I don't mean to say this in a condescending way because we've all been where you are, but what I want to say is "give yourself a break -- you're doing fantastically!"  This is a journey and you're in the baby-step phase of your journey.  Whatever you need to do to get through this transition period safely and as happy and satisfied as possible is a good thing.  I eat 6 times a day.  Don't forget your metabolism in the equation.  Weight loss is not simple math as so many diet plans have preached to us over the years.  The best resource I ever found for explaining the body's metabolism and fat-hoarding is Wendy Chant "Crack the Fat Loss Code" diet book.  Even if I couldn't follow the diet, her information was awesome.  Her diet is based on the premise of (I paraphrase) "reassure you're body that you're going to feed it regularly and it won't be afraid to burn fat for energy."  So far that is working with my band.  I eat when I'm hungry and I quit when I'm satisfied.  So anyway, don't worry about the milk thing.  I think part of my doctor telling me that was because I "wash-down" my food with milk and that's a bad thing when it comes to staying satisifed longer.  I've finally learned not to drink with my meals (mostly) and that took a while too.  Mainly just give yourself time and feel good about every bit of progress no matter how small.  The goal is to get healthy and lose weight... not see who can follow the rules the closest. 

If you don't like your life, change the way you're living

(deactivated member)
on 9/1/10 11:39 am - Hatboro, PA
Sorry, I guess I'm just overly worried about screwing this up!  I want to be one of the success stories, and I'm trying to make sure that I'm doing everything that I can to ensure that!  I guess I just need to stop worrying as much, and just "go with the flow" more. 

I hope that you're having a great week.

David
Most Active