Stupid Question...

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/10 3:35 pm - Hatboro, PA
I have a stupid question..  I just had my surgery last week on 8/24..  I'm just wondering, is sugar free pudding considered to be part of a liquid diet after surgery?  I don't see it listed in any info from my surgeons office.

In all of the information that I had for the pre-surgery liquid diet, sugar free pudding was listed.  I pretty much survived on that stuff the week before surgery.  But now I'm not sure if it is okay to eat or not. 
rich_in_nfpa
on 8/30/10 4:37 pm - New Freedom, PA
No such thing as a stupid question. I've always believed it's OK to be confused -- I've never been at this point in my life before!

That said, my surgeon lists puddings and custards under the liquid diet (full liquids, not clear liquids).

HTH

Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
(deactivated member)
on 8/30/10 7:37 pm - Hatboro, PA
Thanks..  I figured it would be considered a liquid, since yogurt with no fruit in it is on the list..  I just found it weird that they have it listed as an okay pre-op liquid, but it doesn't show it on the list of full liquids..
Pixieland
on 8/30/10 9:45 pm - Davison, MI
Hi David, Since Rich already answered your question, I just wanted to send you a note to wish you well! Welcome to the Loser's Bench!!
Leslie

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/10 10:15 pm - Hatboro, PA
Well thank you Leslie.  I'm certainly glad to be here. 

Hope you have a wonderful day.
David
luvjesus
on 8/31/10 12:06 am
Hey,
It's great that it's on ur list.  My surgeon had yogurt listed under mushy foods & told me not 2 eat a lot of sugur free pudding.  I was told that eating an excess amoung of S/F foods may cause cramping, stomach pain, & excess gas or diarrhea.  When I was allowed 2 eat mushy foods, I had S/F pudding once in a while. 

Ur doing great... have a blessed day     

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/10 8:10 pm - Hatboro, PA
Well thankfully the sugar free stuff seems to be agreeing with me so far..  I had plenty of stomach/GI issues before surgery, so I'm hoping not to experience those kinds of problems after it either. 
mom2eli
on 8/31/10 5:03 am, edited 8/31/10 5:03 am
just this morning I mixed some protein powder in sugarfree pudding.  It was good!
NaughtyZute
on 8/31/10 10:22 am - Climax, MI
Welcome to you and any question you consider stupid.  lol

My favorite full liquids thing was pureed Bean with Bacon soup.  For some reason, I found that insanely satisfying.  Really gave me a nice full feeling and the flavors satisfied my craving for meat. 

Glad you're here.  This site is what I use as my support group.  Ask anything... we're here for you.

I think the thing about the pudding though is that even though there is no sugar, it still has a pretty high carb count from the milk and thickeners.  My doctor told me milk is for calves.  I use to drink 3 to 4 glasses of milk a day.  But since this last round of intense fills, I've lost my craving for it.

If you don't like your life, change the way you're living

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/10 8:04 pm - Hatboro, PA
Oh no, even fat free milk isn't that good for ya?  I've been "eating" like 4x a day, and right now i'm pretty much only eating sugar free carnation instant breakfast and fat free milk.  I didn't think much about it since the milk is "fat free".....   And then in between I've been trying to drink lots and lots of water. 
Most Active