OH CONFERENCE IN HOUSTON

Vivian Prouty
on 8/29/10 10:17 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 If you have never attended a OH Event.....Houston is hosting a OH Conference  November 5-6th.   Here is the information.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

Vivian, you have 2 unread messages | bookmarks | my account | sign out | help  

ObesityHelp

BARIATRIC SURGEONPLASTIC SURGEONHOSPITAL   Share|  
EVENT INFORMATION
ObesityHelp.com is coming to Houston Texas, November 5th and 6th! Due to overwhelming requests, we will be welcoming back Dr. Garth Davis and MaryJo Rapini of TLC's Big Medicine, Bariatric Chef Dave Fouts and author Dr. Connie Stapleton as our main stage speakers! Each of these speakers will be presenting new and exciting talks that cover a wide range of issues like bariatric surgery, plastic surgery, insurance issues, healthy dieting, exercise and much more.

Please join us for inspiration, motivation and fun with your peers from the website.

In addition, a wide variety of bariatric product companies will be providing free samples so you can try before you buy!

About the Area
This hotel is just one block from The Galleria Mall in the center of the Uptown business district and 30 minutes from IAH and HOU airports. We have negotiated a great room rate of $89! Use the group code OHH to get this great discount! Come make this a fun weekend with your friends and make some new friends! Day parking is discounted to $6 per car. Overnight is $8 per car.

Announcements
Join ObesityHelp for education, inspiration and motivation for researching weight loss, weight loss surgery or plastic surgery following weight loss, staying on track with your journey, and for help in finding the product supplements that fit you the best! Back by popular demand, offering new topics on main stage are speakers at the tops of their fields, such as Chef Dave, Dr. Garth Davis, Mary Jo Rapini and Dr. Connie Stapleton. We have also added a free form q & a period on Friday, hoping to address weight regain, vitamins and labs and other issues. Some of this same information will again be addressed on Saturday in breakout rooms by individual speakers. In addition, Jeremy Gentles will be offering his exercise physiology expertise, specific to bariatrics. Watch this page for the additional speakers to be announced as they are confirmed.

TICKET INFORMATION
General Admission Price Quantity
Includes Full Event Access, Friday Night Meet & Greet 
and Saturday Lunch
$60

Commemorative OH Event 2010 T-Shirt (to be picked up at the Event) $10
* T-shirts will be available at event for $15 each  
SCHEDULE
Friday, November 5th
Q&A Panel
Free Form Q & A. Expert panel fields those nagging questions, including weight regain issues for Grads.
3:00pm - 5:00pm

Meet & Greet Reception
Meet & Greet Reception, Light Food Served.
6:30pm - 9:00pm
Saturday, November 6th
Exhibitors Setup Time 7:00am - 7:30am

Registration
Registration, Exhibitor Visits Coffee Served.
7:45am - 8:20am

Welcome Ceremony
Greetings, Intro of Breakout Speakers
8:30am - 8:45am

The Food We Eat and Why It Leads to Weight Gain
Dr. Garth Davis

We've all heard the saying "You are what you eat" but what does it mean on a day-to-day basis to you, why does it matter, and how does it affect your metabolism, mental outlook, acuity, weight, emotions, and even your self-esteem? We promise you'll never look at food the same way again. Come and be inspired to take the "Healthy Me" Challenge!
8:50am - 9:30am

Getting your MOJO Back! (Adult content discussed)
Mary Jo Rapini

As a relationship therapist, Mary Jo provides you with tips on how to repair and strengthen your relationship as you continue on your journey to becoming a healthier individual.

9:40am - 10:20am

Beyond the Honeymoon - For Better or Worse!
Connie Stapleton, PhD

Sustained weight loss and healthy living, like being married, requires learning and using new skills. Dr. Stapleton teaches you how to develop positive thought patterns, to address emotional issues underlying weight regain and how to maintain healthy lifestyle behaviors.
10:30am - 11:10am

OH Health Tracker New Releases
Jeremy Gentles

11:20am - 12:00am

Buffet Lunch/Exhibit Visits Professionals' Lunch 12:00pm - 1:10pm

3 Breakout Rooms Topics TBA Soon!

1:15 PM - 4:25 PM

Closing, Prize Drawings 5:20 PM - 5:45 PM

On Your Own Break 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Member Fashion Show, Social, Dance & Prize Drawings! 8:00 PM - 11:55 PM

WHERE?

Hilton Houston Post Oak 
2001 Post Oak Blvd 
Houston, TX 
Hotel Website
713-961-9300

View Larger Map

ABOUT OUR SPEAKERS

John LoMonaco, MD, PA is a board certified plastic surgeon in Houston, Texas and specializes in breast and body surgery. He has a dedicated interest in the care of patients who have undergone bariatric surgery and have experienced massive weight loss. 
www.drlomonaco.com

Dr. Guillermo Alvarezspecializes in laparoscopic Bariatric surgery and has dedicated his life and practice to this most amazing and rewarding area of medicine. To him, there is nothing more rewarding than helping obese individuals change their lives forever both mentally as well as physically. 
www.endobariatric.com

Dr. Fabio Zamprogno, Plastic SurgeonDr. Fabio specializes in total body reconstruction after massive weight loss. He has performed successful plastic reconstructive surgery for 450 post-bariatric surgery patients, including 150 American patients. He has had a highly successful practice in Vitoria, Brazil for more than 20 years, was a pioneer in post-breast cancer reconstruction, individual hair transplantation and now, post bariatric surgery body reconstruction.

Mary Jo Rapini is an intimacy and sex counselor, and a certified anger management therapist. Her dynamic style is particularly engaging for those dealing with intimacy issues and relationship challenges, or those simply hanging on to unasked questions about sex in relationships.
www.maryjorapini.com

Dr. Garth Davis is a leader in the field of bariatric medicine. He was recently recognized as a Texas Monthly Super Doc! His recently published bestseller, The Expert’s Guide to Weight Loss Surgery is available nationwide. Dr. Davis along with his father, Dr. Robert Davis, operate The Davis Clinicfor surgical and medical weight loss in Houston.
www.thedavisclinic.com

Connie Stapleton, Ph.D., is a licensed psychologist and owner of Mind/Body Health Services in Augusta, GA. She is an expert in recovery from addictions of all sorts, and her passion is the mental, physical and spiritual health of parents and families. Her book, Eat it Up! The Complete Mind/Body Guide to a Full Life Following Weight Loss Surgery will be available for purchase.
www.mindbodyhealthservices.com

Annessa Chumbley, RDenjoys public speaking, and has given nutrition, wellness, and exercise presentations for corporations, wellness centers, fire departments, and Christian groups. She created and developed Bariatric cooking classes that grew into the establishment of Flourish, LLC.
www.flourishyourlife.com

Dan Benintendi, Motivational Speaker After coming to the realization that I was going to die if I didn't do something about my severe Morbid Obesity, I decided to have Gastric Bypass, and on January 14th, 2008, I had the procedure done. It has been the best decision I have ever made for my health. Not only have I lost 201 pounds in 14 months, I have completed 10 triathlons.  
www.trimywill.com

Chef Dave Fouts has a passion to help bariatric patients overcome their challenges with food choices following surgery. Being a post op himself, he focuses on teaching people how to shop and cook healthy recipes and how to make wise choices while eating out. Since he and his wife have two children at home, Chef Dave is dedicating much of his time fighting childhood obesity and is developing school lunch programs in Oklahoma that will contribute to healthier lifestyles.
www.chefdave.org

Bo McCoy is the National Sales Director for ObesityHelp.com, and our great motivational ambassador! Being a post-op himself, he knows the journey and the obstacles that you may face along the way. He will be joining us at each event for 2010 to help get you awake on Saturday morning, up and out of your seat! Meet Bo at the Q & A session on Friday from 3 pm to 5 pm.

SPONSORS

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Most Active