daily Carb count ???

Lala1
on 8/27/10 3:53 pm
REALIZE Band on 08/09/10 with
ok I've been watching my carbs but it's never wrecking? are all carbs bad for us? i'm averaging 60-70 carbs a day. the source is from yogurt, protein drinks and veggies. I stay a way from rice, potato and pasta and had my first slice of bread today only 1 and it I handled it well no problems.
anyway I do well with the calories (800-100), fat (20-30gm) and Protein (70-80gm). not sure if i'm getting too many carbs or what and how important is cutting the carbs?

Thanks

Tom C.
on 8/27/10 8:11 pm, edited 8/28/10 1:25 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
ADVICE ALERT: SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR/NUTRITIONISTS
BEFORE CHANGING EATING HABITS

With that said in the beginning, my Doctor/Nutritionists told me that the most important thing was getting the Protein in. Hit those numbers, and don't worry too much about calories, fats, carbs - unless/until you hit a stall and/or your weight increases.

Now remember, you don't want to eat an entire cheesecake to get your Protein in, you need to use common sense.'

And yes, there is such things as good carbs and bad carbs. Remember, carbs is sort of like oil in a car. You do need it. Since I am at work I cannot go into the good/bad carbs. Maybe Monday.

Good luck on your journey, and know we are here for ya!!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Lala1
on 8/28/10 6:04 am
REALIZE Band on 08/09/10 with
Thank You, I am definitly getting the protein in, and the right way, meat & Veggies mostly I haven't had any sweets at all. but I find even sf applejuice is loaded with carbs, and NF greek yogurt which has 12gm of protein also has I believe 13gm of Carbs. so even thought I'm focusing on the protein the carbs seem to creep up on me.  I think I will focus on the protein and I am doing well with that and the calories and fat, ti's just the carbs.. I'll worry less about it!

Thanks and if time permits I'd love to hear more about good/bad carbs.

Most Active