1st Fill Questions

soontobesexi_lexi
on 8/27/10 9:39 am
I was wondering what questions my doctor may ask when I go in for my first fill i.e. food journal, pain, etc.

Thanks for any responses :)
Tom C.
on 8/27/10 8:07 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
All my Doctor asked me was "You sure you want this" - he of course was joking.

IMHO As long as you're doing everything correct, you shouldn't be concerned of any question asked.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Christine D.
on 8/28/10 1:13 am - CA
My doctor wanted to know how much I was eating and if I felt any restriction.  Be as honest as you can - they know we have difficulty with eating - that's why we are there!

CandaceHasCurves
on 8/29/10 5:10 am - Alexandria, VA
...they wanted to know how often i was eating, if i was avoiding drinking with food, and the volume of food I was consuming...feeling of fullness or restriction...am I chewing as well as I should, etc...that's all. It's not a test; they just need to see how much to put in and if you even need the fill.
soontobesexi_lexi
on 9/11/10 7:51 am
Thanks again for the responses :)  I went for my appointment but they decided to wait another 2 weeks until we did the first fill since I had a few complications with the surgery.  I was disappointed that I didn't get a fill to help with my hunger, but they did tell me i've lost 20 lbs since my surgery 3 weeks ago!! 
Jillysmom06
on 9/11/10 8:37 am
 Excellent job !!! I am proud of you.  Keep up the great work!!!!
I also hope that you are feeling better since surgery
Keep us posted
Pam
soontobesexi_lexi
on 9/12/10 3:49 am
I'm doing much better Pam!  Thank you for your concern.  The only discomfort i'm experiencing is being able to feel the port, but I know that's something I just need to get used to.
(deactivated member)
on 9/11/10 4:26 pm - Hatboro, PA
Wow, 20 lbs in 3 weeks is amazing!  Congrats. 
Tom C.
on 9/11/10 11:10 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
CONGRATS SEXI_LEXI !!! YOU doing sooooo well !!

MY DOCTOR's opinion - no need to do a fill until your weight slows down, stops or you begin to eat too much (and begin gaining) - HOWEVER EVERY DOCTOR has their own philosophy.

All I am saying is - if at the next appointment you still don't get a fill - don't be too worried. That means your Doctor think's your rocking the band and may not need it ... YET !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
soontobesexi_lexi
on 9/12/10 3:45 am
Thanks for the support everyone!  I hope it keeps going quick.  I can't tell a difference yet, but a few people have said that they notice.

Tom:  I thought that tightening would help with my hunger.  I get hungry about an hour after eating.  I'm doing the very best that I can, so that means no cheating.  Not cheating just means that i'm pretty much hungry my entire day.  Maybe i'm not drinking enough liquids??

Most Active